I am a video game nut. I play hard and I am an UBER GAMER:
What is that?
Well let me tell you:
Since I am an UBER-GAMER, I will share with you my overall belief and view of what the gaming community consist of.
Check it out.
1. UBER GAMER - This is the gaming elite.
1. These are the people who play for cash / prizes, or in tournaments professionally.
2. Can play, or has played the same video game for more than 15+ hours and has no problem doing it again and again. (Friends and family become optional)
3. Has been playing video games for years and has an extreme ability (No luck involved) to excel, or beat any & every game they play.
4. Masters, or shows complete assimilation of almost any game they touch.
5. Can understand, explain, and possibly improve game mechanics and fundamentals. This would put the Uber Gamer on the same level as an intermediate to expert level game tester, analyst, or consultant.
6. Has over 40+ games, and up to 5 or more game systems. (PC does not count)
7. THE GAME IS LIFE!
8. Will sell blood, siblings, kitchen sink, or soul to get game or system. Price is not a factor as long as they get it. (Then the consequences come later!)
9. Achievement whore!!! Need I say more.
10. Talks about Squaresoft /Sony, Wizards of the Coast (WotC), and other game companies being on their credit card billing like it was an essential UTILITY for daily living and survival (They will argue and JUSTIFY why it is important to them).
11. Understands what MMORPG means.
12. Feels they deserve a badge of honor for playing either WOW, FF XI, Everquest (any), Lineage, Maple Story, Ragnarock, Age of Camelot, Xork, Myst (any), intermediate or advance level MUDS, or DIKU MUDS.
13. Knows what the terms MUD, TELNET, IRC, and GM mean....(look them up for all those who don't know, hehehe)
14. Depending on your age, can recall earliest RPG game being played on either Atari, Apple (any old school ones), etc... (Commodore 64 owners rule!!!)
15. Will buy game first, and pay bills second.
16. Follows their own advice, or personal gaming information / opinion when about to purchase a new game. Notorious for trying to sway "EVERYONE", that will listen, to their gaming point of view, and usually has great success!
17. Can spark a conversation with most gamers they don't even know.
18. They lost the ability to properly dress.
19. Pre-orders games, MONTHS before the game comes out.
20. HAS / HAD/ IS IN PROCESS OF LOSING - girlfriend / boyfriend.
21. Has corrupted their significant other to the gaming dark side.
22. Knows that the term NERF, or NERF'ED is a bad thing, and not a sexual favor from a muppet!
23. Waits for what seems like forever for a game to come out; Buys the game the first day (or Midnight for the real people) plays it for 5 - 10 hrs straight; Puts the game down and never plays the game again for a non-specific amount of time.
24. Suffers from GOCD (Gamer Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) - No matter what the game, or the situation.. You cannot stray away from a need to do some specific task. Ex: I cannot stop EXPLORING EVERY INCH OF MAP!! .. Other Examples would include: Killing all Mobs/monsters on a level, getting the highest score, grinding levels, being a game achievement whore (getting all trophies or achievements for any or all games), etc...
25. Finds humor in creating the term "MTD" - Melee Transmitted Disease - (verified 11/11/11 - that no one in the world/internet cares to make this term.. hehe) SCORE!
24. Tends to GRIND* every RPG, or game with an RPG elemement.
* ‘ Grinding' is a gaming term for basically spending all day leveling up a character at a very early stage in a game in order to basically fly through the rest of the game. This does not cheapen the game for the ‘Grinder', but is a mindset of sorts, because if you can get your character to level 10 or 20 on the first level(s) of your game, you can enjoy the rest of the game with little to no problem, and focus on other things like exploring or any in-game customizations that maybe available.
2. ADVANCED GAMER - Almost there!!!
1. They share about 70% of the UBER GAMERS traits, but only play when they have time.
2. Things like job, family, and bathroom tend to be important, and actually are budgeted first before the game.
3. Will mentally commit to game or system purchase but will cop out quicker than you can say "Nintendo".
4. Has very good gaming skills and knowledge, but only shares this with close friends.
5. Will complete a game only once, and be satisfied.
6. Follows main stream gaming review sites and programs for a 'Quick' reference to what games they should buy, or what games are out there.
7. Can spark a conversation with most gamers they don't even know.
8. They still know how to dress.
9. Can wait to purchase a game AFTER the game comes out.
10. Has a girlfriend / boyfriend
11. Has corrupted their significant other to the gaming dark side.
3. CASUAL GAMER - The everyday gamer.
1. These are the people who play a moderate amount of games, but still wish to have a life.
2. Plays games that are the current fan favorite.
3. Doesn't have many games to choose from.
4. Plays games only on a social level. (Fighters, party games, etc....)
5. Has a life, clean clothes, friends and family.
6. May pick up the video game every now-and-then.
7. Doesn't worry too much about the price of a game or system.
8. Thinks MMO is an poor drunk guy trying to spell MOM.
9. Talks about the above 2 gamer types. (Meany!)
10. Will engage in a gaming conversation long enough for acceptance, but will exit quickly as to not be ASSOCIATED with their geeky world.
11. Has a girlfriend / Boyfriend.
4. NOVICE GAMER - The Fashion Show Gamer
1. Only has a system because the opposite sex may want to play.
2. Only has a cheap version of a currently popular system.
3. Has less than 15 games in their collection.
4. Has played a video game for more than 12 hours.....in a 6 month period
5. If it is over $10 they have a big issue with it.
6. Talks about anyone who can play ANY game better than them.
7. Doesn't understand why and how the above gamer levels can feel so strongly about a 'game'. ("Its just a stupid game")
8. Will steal or take the angry/grieving (girlfriend / boyfriend) of any of the above gamer levels. (" I will pay attention to you, forget them! Let them play their WOW and be lonely."
5. NOOB - The child of gaming.
1. Grows to be any one of the different types of gamers.
2. Easily influenced by anyone who HAS A CLUE about video games.
3. Makes poor game selections.
4. Could care less about games, if they continue to be in the dark about games and systems.
WHICH ONE ARE YOU!!?!?!?!??!
Too many to name.. I am a collector.
I own 21 game systems from Vectrex (my gem) to PS3.. In box me if you want a complete break down..
I love all kinds... even country (now)