Forgot password?  |  Register  |    
User Name:     Password:    

Game Deals

Reply #1 - February 03, 2014 12:30 AM EST
Captain N

No one has even made a thread for this. See any good deals on games, post it here.

Reply #2 - February 03, 2014 06:14 AM EST
Joaquim Mira
STAFF

http://store.steampowered.com/app/102500/ (Kingdoms of Amalur - $5.99)

I've been waiting for this game to drop to such a price for a long time. I got the whole collection for $11.99.

Reply #3 - February 03, 2014 08:53 PM EST
Captain N

Steam makes it pointless to find a better deal huh lol Just kidding, I don't use it often but they have some crazy deals.

Reply #4 - February 04, 2014 03:33 PM EST
goaztecs

Humble Bundle has a Sid Meier Bundle on sale. 

Like every Humble Bundle, pay what you want, and there are bonus items if you pay more than the average

Reply #5 - February 08, 2014 12:47 AM EST
Coolsetzer

One thing I've been wondering about Steam. Can you use gamepads for their games? I hate using a keyboard. I have a nice Logitech one that I would like to use, plus a nice SNES controller usb adapter.

Reply #6 - February 08, 2014 06:02 AM EST
Joaquim Mira
STAFF

One thing I've been wondering about Steam. Can you use gamepads for their games? I hate using a keyboard. I have a nice Logitech one that I would like to use, plus a nice SNES controller usb adapter.

It depends on the controller you have. I've been able to use a program to map out and emulate a 360 controller using the Wii Classic Controller Pro, and I also used a program to do the same thing with a PS3 controller. Last time I checked the games on Steam have a more direct connection with a wired 360 controller, or certain Logitech controllers. Having said that, some games offer no controller use, some partial, and some full use. You will know when checking a game's profile on the Steam store, on the right side, scroll down a bit and it will say what kind of controller suppport it has (if nothing is shown then no controller support).

Reply #7 - February 08, 2014 10:45 AM EST
mothman

It depends on the controller you have. I've been able to use a program to map out and emulate a 360 controller using the Wii Classic Controller Pro, and I also used a program to do the same thing with a PS3 controller. Last time I checked the games on Steam have a more direct connection with a wired 360 controller, or certain Logitech controllers. Having said that, some games offer no controller use, some partial, and some full use. You will know when checking a game's profile on the Steam store, on the right side, scroll down a bit and it will say what kind of controller suppport it has (if nothing is shown then no controller support).

I've had pretty good results with a wired 360 controller (PC version which is exactly the same as the 360 model for 10 bucks cheaper.)

It only works with certain games. Skyrim and Last Remnant work perfectly out of the box For some reason Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth won't use it at all even though it's originally an Xbox game!

Omikron: Nomad Soul recognizes the controller but does not use it properly. Your character moves on his own and never in the direction you want. LOL

Replies 1 - 7  of  7  1