White Knight Chronicles II Preview
Jason checks out the next installment of Level-5's White Knight Chronicles series.
This year, we're doing something a bit different. In order to bring you coverage as fast as possible, we'll be posting audio recordings of notes from staff members at E3 and later adding in a written version of the impressions. Please click through and check out this staff member's recorded thoughts on the game from the E3 show floor.
- The original game is included on the disc and it has been remastered - now includes online play with up to 6 players, crafting system upgrade.
- takes place a year after the first
- Magi have risen to create their own empire. Invading other countries to power grab
- stars Leonard and friends. Use sky ship to investigate the magi
- create your own character, import your character from the last game. Not certain if you can import your chracter from the non packed in version of the game
- arc knights, new in this game - can become an arc knight
- players can choose different armor types. Jason saw a knight that wielded a hammer in battle
- customization system in place to create your own arc knight
- real time ATB fighting - something similar to an MMO mixed with Final Fantasy ATB. Positioning matters to the experience.
- Some of the attacks break turns
- 50 or 60 hours long if you perform sidequests. A bit shorter otherwise
- very easy to run away in the game. Party members behave differently when you run.
- enemies can strike through each other
- special abilities called charge attack. Like magic attack, costs MP. Mash a given button for a more powerful attack.
- Yshrenian (evil) empire is back, Scardigne is in the game with some crazy evil looking armor. Lady Miu is mostly green, with green hair and a bow and arrow.
- different attacks, blunt, slash, thrust. Rocks Paper Scissors system to turn break
- saw boss, giant gargoyle. appeared to be a first boss
- game is difficult
- game is seamless between online and offline when it comes to trading items. Solves the problem of people of different skill levels playing together.