Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon Hands On Preview
Jason has gathered some very in depth impressions and information on the latest Earth Defense Force game.
This year, we're doing something a bit different. In order to bring you coverage as fast as possible, we'll be posting audio recordings of notes from staff members at E3 and later adding in a written version of the impressions. Please click through and check out this staff member's recorded thoughts on the game from the E3 show floor.
- Developed by Vicious cycle software, not Sandlot
- coming 7/5/2011 1-6 players
- 3 player online campaign, jump in jump out, host needs to stick around though
- developers touting the online play as the biggest new addition
- single player mode is also three players, the other 2 players are just controlled by AI, same goes for 2 player co-op
- allies can revive you in an instant
- Showcased a town/city environment with giant ant enemies and a giant enemy spider with spindly legs. Taller than buildings
- ants shoot acid and the game indicates where you have been hit from
- twice as many weapons available this time around (over 300)
- some weapons will be exclusive to the store you purchase the game from
- showed off a gun that shot an energy cloud.
- weapon fire can hurt you if you are too close
- Special reload mechanic to more quickly reload. Hit the button when it crosses the white bar on the reload meter.
- Game features various armors - trooper, battle, jet, tactical
- Jet lets you fly, battle gives you crazy health and strong weapons, tactical lets you lay down up to eight turrets, trooper is more middle of the road.
- Game features survivial co-op. Timed. up to six face off to either live the longest or earn the most points. Can only bring in preset weapons to put everyone on even ground