Forgot password?  |  Register  |    
User Name:     Password:    

It's Tactics Ogre, y'all!

Reply #1 - February 16, 2014 04:55 PM EST
Matt Snee
STAFF

well, I'm sitting here with my wheat beer, and my 80 degree weather, and I'm like "Man, what this needs is a video game!"

SO I go and get my Vita and power up Tactics Ogre, because I have skills to upgrade, and spells to learn, and units to recruit.  It's important, dude. 

I'm doing the chaos side of the game... just finished Balmamusa.  People usually prefer the order side, but I'm not happy with it as much as I am with chaos.  I haven't finished either side so I don't know for sure, but I've played both to the end. 

I have every unit on my team that's available in the beginning except for Archer and Rune Fencer.  I already have an archer with the Vartan, so what the hell.  I've got two clerics though, I don't know I don't usually play with them, but I want to power them up to fight the undead for later. 

Otherwise, it's a quiet Sunday here.  Anybody else playing or have played this?  I'm all about it.  (except when I'm all about FFIX). 

Reply #2 - February 21, 2014 04:04 AM EST
KnightDriver

Retronauts this week talked about Tactics Ogre and other strategy games by Yasumi Matsuno. I'd like to go and play all his games. 

Reply #3 - February 21, 2014 10:33 AM EST
transmet2033

Retronauts this week talked about Tactics Ogre and other strategy games by Yasumi Matsuno. I'd like to go and play all his games. 

Yep, I immdeiately downloaded Crimson Shroud because of this podcast.  If I knew that I had space on my Vita I would download Tactics Ogre as well.

Reply #4 - February 21, 2014 09:09 PM EST
Matt Snee
STAFF

Yep, I immdeiately downloaded Crimson Shroud because of this podcast.  If I knew that I had space on my Vita I would download Tactics Ogre as well.

Crimson Shroud sounds familiar...  I might have to go check that out.  But yeah, Tactics Ogre rules. 

Reply #5 - February 21, 2014 11:21 PM EST
transmet2033

Crimson Shroud is on the 3DS and only 3 bucks until Sunday or something.  It is Matsuno and you roll dice like a table-top RPG.  That is all I really know.

Reply #6 - February 22, 2014 09:43 AM EST
Matt Snee
STAFF

Crimson Shroud is on the 3DS and only 3 bucks until Sunday or something.  It is Matsuno and you roll dice like a table-top RPG.  That is all I really know.

I bought it last night.  Haven't played it yet though.  How can you go wrong for $3? 

Reply #7 - February 22, 2014 10:08 AM EST
transmet2033

I bought it last night.  Haven't played it yet though.  How can you go wrong for $3? 

You can't.

I know that Tactics Ogre is probably worht the $20 on the PSN, but if I ever see it on sale between now and the time I clear out some of the RPGs on my Vita I will definitely pick it up.

Reply #8 - February 22, 2014 10:29 AM EST
Matt Snee
STAFF

You can't.

I know that Tactics Ogre is probably worht the $20 on the PSN, but if I ever see it on sale between now and the time I clear out some of the RPGs on my Vita I will definitely pick it up.

it's well worth that.  it has so much content, and if u like TRPG's it's great. 

Reply #9 - February 22, 2014 12:37 PM EST
transmet2033

My biggest concern is that Tactics Ogre is a tactical RPG.  I have had difficulty getting into them.  Fire Emblem Awakening has been the most accesable one that I have played so far.  I am just worried that Tactics Ogre won't be as easy to get into and I will become frustarted and walk away after an hour or so.

Reply #10 - February 22, 2014 03:40 PM EST
Nate Hascup

I have both the March of the Black Queen and Person's of Lordly Caliber. I should go back and finish them as I never got far. How different is this from those games?

Reply #11 - February 22, 2014 07:41 PM EST
Matt Snee
STAFF

My biggest concern is that Tactics Ogre is a tactical RPG.  I have had difficulty getting into them.  Fire Emblem Awakening has been the most accesable one that I have played so far.  I am just worried that Tactics Ogre won't be as easy to get into and I will become frustarted and walk away after an hour or so.

Hmmm.  Maybe you can try Final Fantasy Tactics, it goes on sale a lot and is considered the best one ever.  I like Tactics Ogre because it's kind of remade.  But you can't go wrong with FFT either.  That's on PSN as a PSONE and a PSP game, and they both go on sale during the final fantasy sales. 

Reply #12 - February 22, 2014 07:42 PM EST
Matt Snee
STAFF

I have both the March of the Black Queen and Person's of Lordly Caliber. I should go back and finish them as I never got far. How different is this from those games?

i've never been lucky enough to play those.  This is the only one I've played. 

Replies 1 - 12  of  12  1