Forgot password?  |  Register  |    
User Name:     Password:    

DS Rumble Pak

Reply #1 - March 23, 2014 10:10 AM EDT
Travis Hawks
STAFF

After a random discussion with the PixlBit staff, I decided to buy a copy of Metroid Prime Pinball for the DS. I had forgotten that it came with the Rumble Pak accessory originally, and even though I figured it would be a huge gimmick, I trolled around until I found a copy with the Rumble Pak for a cheap price.

So, now I've got the thing and it is pretty underwhelming. It is the strangest rumble I've ever felt. It feels like someone is scratching a stick along a bumpy surface instead of a weighted motor spinning around. Anyway, apparently it was supported pretty heavily, even including games like Picross DS. Weird. I'm going to have to try it out on that one to see what it uses it for.

Also interesting was this old initial impressions article from IGN where they pretty much trashed it. 

Do you have a Rumble Pak? Do/did you use it? Does it remind mainly remind you of the better rumble implementation in Drill Dozer and make you want to play that too?

Reply #2 - March 23, 2014 03:42 PM EDT
transmet2033

I just found my copy of Metroid Prime Pinball.  I was a little surprised to see the rumble pack still in the case.

Reply #3 - March 23, 2014 03:46 PM EDT
Travis Hawks
STAFF

I just found my copy of Metroid Prime Pinball.  I was a little surprised to see the rumble pack still in the case.

I guess accessories like this were the reason why they put that GBA slot in the DS cases. I'm glad they did too, so I could put all of my GBA games in cases on the shelf. 

Reply #4 - March 23, 2014 04:27 PM EDT
transmet2033

I like that slot...  Or at least I used to use it a bunch.  I put Metroid fusion with Metroid prime and aria of sorrow with dawn of sorrow and FF IV advance with FF IV DS.

Reply #5 - March 23, 2014 04:40 PM EDT
Joaquim Mira
STAFF

I had never seen that DS Lite rumble pack. At least I don't recall it.

Drill Dozer was quite the enjoyable game. I need to buy a GB Player. It's a shame Nintendo doesn't make them anymore, or have them in stock on their online store.

Modified by Joaquim Mira on March 23, 2014 04:40 PM EDT.
Reply #6 - March 23, 2014 04:48 PM EDT
Nate Hascup

I want to order a GB Player but I worry about ending up with the player without the disc or vice-versa. They seem to be getting pricey.

Reply #7 - March 23, 2014 06:31 PM EDT
Travis Hawks
STAFF

Yeah, those players were getting up there last I checked. Playing GBA on the DS Lite is still the ideal situation for me, though. 

Replies 1 - 7  of  7  1