Forgot password?  |  Register  |    
User Name:     Password:    

Professor Layton Games

Reply #1 - April 13, 2014 07:51 PM EDT
KnightDriver

Put any and all comments about the Professor Layton games, movies or whatnot here. 

Here are the games:

PL and The Curious Village

" " Diabolical Box [DS]

" " Unwound Future [DS]

" " The Last Spector [DS]

The Eternal Diva [movie]

PL and the Miracle Mask [3DS]

" " Azran Legacy [3DS]

Layton Brothers: Mystery Room [iOS]

Upcoming in NA:

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Professor Layton 7

Reply #2 - April 13, 2014 07:57 PM EDT
KnightDriver

I'm just mopping up the last puzzles in Azran Legacy. I've logged over 30 hours in this game and it's been fun. Logic puzzles still give me anxiety, but you get so many hint coins to help you solve the puzzles, you can't really get too stuck. I still think about chucking my 3DS out the window sometimes over these puzzles though. 

The story in the Layton games always moves me. I think it's the music which always has a melancholy edge to it. I always start blubbering at all the critical moments. I just can't help myself.

The story in Azran Legacy has more twists in it in the last moments than a Phily Pretzel. I'd say it was cliched, or heavy handed, or obvious, but I still loved it. I'm a sap I guess.

I can't believe this will be the last game with Prof. Layton as I've heard. There's a hint at a future adventure in the game, so is this just rumor?

Reply #3 - April 13, 2014 08:02 PM EDT
Nate Hascup

I keep meaning to try this series but I always want to go from the beginning of a series and the list of backlogged titles is a lot to consider buying. How worth it would it be for me to just skip to one of the 3DS titles? I was thinking about taking the plunge with the Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright game.

Reply #4 - April 21, 2014 02:19 AM EDT
KnightDriver

@ Nate Hascup: That's how I have played them so far. I started with Unwound Future on DS, then went to Miracle Mask on 3DS and now Azran Legacy. A couple of times in Azran, there was a reference I didn't quite get because I hadn't played all the games, but for the most part, it and all the others stand alone and really don't need any knowledge of events from previous stories. Only Azran really directly references previous games and characters because it tries to bring eveything into a kind of final story for the series. Still, it never felt like I was missing anything. So I say, jump in anywhere.

I've finished the main story in Azran Legacy and am now back tracking to find additional story content and puzzles in the side missions I mostly ignored the first time. The game, once you've finished, lets you return to just before the final mission so you can backtrack and finish up anything you've missed like the World Times missions.Once I'm done the World Times missions, I'm going to try and finish all the Dress Up, Nutty Roller, and Bloom Burst mini games. I wonder if there's some extra content that appears if you 100% the game? 

Reply #5 - May 02, 2014 04:15 PM EDT
KnightDriver

I finished the World Times missions and didn't really want to finish the mini games, so I traded Azran in to Gamestop. It was a fun game, but I don't see myself coming back to it anytime. I'm going to trade in Unwound Future too, because I finished that a while ago. I just haven't much interest in pure collecting anymore, only those titles I want to replay.

Replies 1 - 5  of  5  1