Uncharted: Golden Abyss Preview
Jason goes hands-on with the first Uncharted title to launch on a portable platform.
This year, we're doing something a bit different. In order to bring you coverage as fast as possible, we'll be posting audio recordings of notes from staff members at E3 and later adding in a written version of the impressions. Please click through and check out this staff member's recorded thoughts on the game from the E3 show floor.
- game has a camera mode, looking at in-game environment in first person - semi augmented reality. Basically can look around in there by moving the system around.
- Nathan drake happened upon tiki-like statues - mayan origin
- You can rub the screen to take an impression of an object with charcoal. Demo had 4 things to sketch and arrange them together like puzzle pieces for a light exploration-based puzzle.
- lush jungle environment
- walk across rickety bridge, planks missing, one falls through, had to catch himself
- balance based stuff, when walking across a moss-covered log had to stay standing
- appears to be a full-fledged uncharted experience that will incorporate the various vita controls