Bastion Hands On Preview
Narration of an entire game? Unpossible! UPDATE: Jason provides more details and impressions.
This year, we're doing something a bit different. In order to bring you coverage as fast as possible, we'll be posting audio recordings of notes from staff members at E3 and later adding in a written version of the impressions. Please click through and check out this staff member's recorded thoughts on the game from the E3 show floor.
- Will be a part of the Summer of Arcade, created by 7 people, one of which just did the narration
- Action RPG Brawler
- Narrator says what you do as you do it, making it a part of the story
- Shaft-like narrator that sounds cool
- Main character's name is Kid
- Starts with him waking up to an unknown world (Bastion)
- Once you hit a button, you wake Kid up, and the narrator immediately spoke as the action was completed
- After waking up, you find a hammer (the character's old best friend, according to the narrator)
- Most of the time, you are subtly prompted if you are prompted at all.
- Everything above ground can be smashed with the hammer
- Bastion's world is floating in nothingness, similar to Mario RPG, but the game is self-aware of this fact
- Shortly after finding the hammer, you find a bartender you knew, he's made of ash, already dead
- You find a shield, you have a gun
- Turret pops out and you can either detroy the turret or shield yourself.
- You collect blue spirit energy that will help revive the bastion.
- As you revive the town, it opens more stuff up to you in the quest