Trine 2 Hands On Preview
It's not the Lost Vikings exactly, but it's close enough that you should be excited.
This year, we're doing something a bit different. In order to bring you coverage as fast as possible, we'll be posting audio recordings of notes from staff members at E3 and later adding in a written version of the impressions. Please click through and check out this staff member's recorded thoughts on the game from the E3 show floor.
- very much like The Lost Vikings
- 3 characters, each with unique abilities
- 1 is a wizard who can create objects, platforms, etc. Physics based
- 1 is a thief with a grappling hook and a bow and arrow. Can grapple to anything wooden. Can swing across gaps
- 1 is a knight. Can you shield to manipulate things falling down. Can fight stuff, less puzzle-like than Lost Vikings, but still includes puzzles. Can brute force through certain areas instead of puzzle solve
- Can seamlessly switch between all three in single player, only 1 on the screen at a time in SP
- Impressive puzzle that started with water dripping down and log. Players had to manipulat the log to make the water drop onto a plant to bloom a flower. Once all four bloomed, you can progress onward.
- Online and offline co-op
- local is drop in/drop out - online may also have the same but not confirmed at this time
- wizard took control of an enemy to attack things, but otherwise he has no attack powers
- all players can gain new skills by picking up vials, but what skills it wasn't obvious what skills in particular there would be.