Rock of Ages Hands On Preview
As a Katamari fan, I couldn't have been more excited to play this one.
This year, we're doing something a bit different. In order to bring you coverage as fast as possible, we'll be posting audio recordings of notes from staff members at E3 and later adding in a written version of the impressions. Please click through and check out this staff member's recorded thoughts on the game from the E3 show floor.
- Ball rolling
- Harder to control than Katamari, only 1 stick for navigation
- You are Sysyphus and you are being tormented by Hades
- The game is not about getting to the end of the stage as you'd think
- It's more of a strategy, tower defense style game.
- More damage taken will weaken the boulder, as such, you want to avoid hitting enemy towers if possible to hit the enemy's gate with full power, rather than a crumbled boulder.
- Able to switch to skyview in order to see the whole world
- Game world has an underlying grid that lets you build towers
- With the two mechanics, you need to use excessive strategy to beat levels. Where you lay towers and how you control the boulder are both important to success