Video

God of War: Ascension Officially Announced

The next God of War game will act as a prequel to the series. Currently no other details are known, but Sony plans to reveal more about the title on April 30 at 11AM.

Comments

Julian Titus Senior Editor

04/19/2012 at 01:41 PM

I don't need more Kratos. His story has been told. There are far more interesting things they can do with this universe than fill in backstory that's already been covered.

Joaquim Mira Media Manager

04/19/2012 at 01:56 PM

So is this a prequel of a prequel? The first prequel came out on the PSP, right?

Jon Lewis Staff Writer

04/19/2012 at 02:00 PM

I sort of agree with Julian. I was satisfied with God of War 1-3 but the ending of 3 DID kind of get me thinking about a sequel but not a prequel. Im not sure, but we'll see.

Julian Titus Senior Editor

04/19/2012 at 02:16 PM

Do you remember the bonus content that unlocked when you beat the first game? There was a story about Kratos having a brother who died and was raised in Hades. He resented Kratos and wanted to kill him. That's where I want the series to go-new character, but related to the Kratos story.

Jon Lewis Staff Writer

04/19/2012 at 05:36 PM

Yup, I do, and I totally agree. It would make perfect sense. I hear that they addressed his brother (Deimos if im not mistaken) in Ghost of Sparta, but i would have liked to see a series featuring him as well. Plus, i feel like we know Kratos' backstory well enough, why do we need a full game based on it?

Julian Titus Senior Editor

04/19/2012 at 06:00 PM

And I don't know if you felt the same way, but GoW 3 kind of killed Kratos' character for me. Everything he does in that game seems worse than what the gods are doing. I felt like he had more depth in the first two games.

Jon Lewis Staff Writer

04/20/2012 at 12:12 AM

Well i think Kratos was intact but in GOW3 he was a little more bloodthirsty and irrational than one might assume, but he had a mission and he did what he set out to do, no matter how irrational it was.

Log in to your PixlBit account in the bar above or join the site to leave a comment.

Hot Story

Super Meat Boy Forever Review

Ten years ago, we were given a gift in the form of Super Meat Boy on Xbox Live Arcade. At the time, we’d never really seen anything like it. Smaller indie downloadable games were really just starting to enter the mainstream consciousness of gaming and Super Meat Boy effectively kicked the door in and made clear that these smaller titles had something special to offer and were here to stay. And since that statement, myriad other developers have taken lessons from Super Meat Boy and its DNA can be seen in so many games that would follow. However, this creates an interesting predicament that Team Meat needed to solve - how do you offer a sequel that manages to bring something new to the table, while still feeling as simple and approachable (and difficult) as the original did?

Read More...