PlayBit

New Super Mario Bros. Wii PlayBit

Join Nick, Chessa, Jason H, Jason R, and Chris M for our third PlayBit, this time, beginning at 2:00 pm EST

As we all know, E3 is right around the corner. Fortunately, most of the PixlBit staff will be attending the show, and even better, they will all be leaving from the same airport!

With the crew (Jason H, Jason R, and Chris M) all congregating at Nick and Chessa's place, we have decided to do a little PlayBit the day before we head out to California.

Next Saturday (June 12) we will be playing through New Super Mario Bros. Wii with four simultaneous players. We will also be sampling some user created levels as well as the fan total conversion of the original Super Mario Bros.

As the day approaches, we will announce the start and end times, so if you are interested in watching and chatting, please stop back. We will have Skype and Chatango going, so if you have E3 questions, or questions in general, you should definitely attend!

UPDATE: We're starting at 2:00 PM EST! Be there!

Watch live video from PlayBit on Justin.tv

Open in a new window

Comments

Our Take

Jason Ross Senior Editor

06/05/2010 at 02:14 PM

Oh, also, I'm planning to make this thing competitive. I call Blue Toad (Buckin' Berry, or whatever he wants to be called), and I plan to end with more lives than any of my fellow gamers there, through whatever means necessary, especially sabotage.

They have no chance survive.
Also, tell Hillhouse I know he's been ballot-stuffing.

Our Take

Chris Mabrey Staff Alumnus

06/05/2010 at 04:19 PM

It'll definitely be competitive. I'm going to squash (or throw) Buckin' Berry so many times he'll be yogurt. I'll bring spoons for everyone!

Kathrine Theidy Staff Alumnus

06/05/2010 at 04:45 PM

They have no chance survive make your time.

Jason Ross Senior Editor

06/05/2010 at 04:55 PM

I'm glad you're on my side.

Matt R Staff Alumnus

06/06/2010 at 07:45 PM

It's gonna be painful to watch this, and funny.

Jason Ross Senior Editor

06/06/2010 at 07:49 PM

I'm sure it'll be more painful to put on the show than to watch. I'm pretty sure that by the time this thing is over, someone will end up with something broken.

Nick DiMola Director

06/08/2010 at 06:40 AM

Looks like we might have another visitor at the party. New staff member, Stanton Daries, might stop by for some hijinx. The more the merrier I say.

Jason Ross Senior Editor

06/08/2010 at 09:57 PM

And we might announce a contest! Ooooooh! With prizes! Oooh!

Log in to your PixlBit account in the bar above or join the site to leave a comment.

Hot Story

Track & Field II Review Rewind

In 1988, the Summer Olympics took place in Seoul, South Korea. Capitalizing on this event, Konami released the latest game in their Hyper Sports series, Konamic Sports in Seoul on the Famicom. The game was released a year later in the US as Track & Field II. If the original Track & Field were a person, it would be the humble, modest friend quietly entering the room. Track & Field II, on the other hand, is more like the gregarious guy that wants to be the life of the party. Instead of the meager eight sporting events of the first game, this one features 15 athletic events (11 of which were new to the NES series).

Read More...