Video

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII: Retro-spective Trailer

Square Enix recaps the Final Fantasy XIII saga with 16-bit graphics.

Comments

Jamie Alston Staff Writer

01/29/2014 at 09:39 AM

Nice recap.  Makes me want to get FF 13 and play it for myself.

Aboboisdaman

01/29/2014 at 09:49 AM

I probably would have enjoyed 13 and 13-2 a lot more if they were 16 bit.

Joaquim Mira Media Manager

01/29/2014 at 02:45 PM

Don't be surprised if SE does that even if only for iOS/Android platforms.

The Last Ninja

01/29/2014 at 04:30 PM

Awesome! It looks like they used the FF6 engine for this. Gotta say, that was the shortest FF game I've ever seen!

Angelo Grant Staff Writer

02/01/2014 at 02:45 PM

I looked into it, it's all animation. No game engine of any kind was involved at all...

Julian Titus Senior Editor

01/30/2014 at 01:03 AM

Oh, Square Enix, why must you taunt me so? First FF ATB and now this. You keep proving that your staff still has amazing sprite artists. Make me a new/old Final Fantasy for 3DS and I will buy two.

Maybe three.You know...for gifts.

Coolsetzer

02/06/2014 at 07:29 AM

I saw this on another forum. Love the video. It was better than the original 13, for sure.

Log in to your PixlBit account in the bar above or join the site to leave a comment.

Hot Story

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD Review

It almost hurts to write that it’s been 13 years since Sega released Banana Blitz back on the Wii. At the time, I know I couldn’t have been more excited that we were about to see a Monkey Ball game that leveraged the motion capabilities of Nintendo’s hit system. However, when it finally released, I wasn’t thrilled with the results. Rather than leveraging the Wii remote in its horizontal orientation, like many other motion-centric games had, it forced you to point forward and contort your arm in awkward ways to tilt the stage. I quickly shelved the game and wrote it off as a failure. I suspect I wasn’t the only one, because after all these years Sega has released an HD remaster of the game leveraging more standard console controls using the analog stick. Unfortunately, the transition has introduced level design changes that bring things to a degree of difficulty that I’ve found to be insurmountable.

Read More...