Surfcaster's Comments - Page 3

Random Update 3/27/13, the birthday edition

Posted on 03/28/2013 at 10:55 AM | Filed Under Blogs

Ah, sorry. I misread it! I've always wanted to try one of them out, myself, but I've never seen one. I remember when I was a kid I was so confused by the movie The Wizard, because they were clearly playing arcade machines, but the games were NES titles. It wasn't until I was an adult that I found out they were playing Playchoice-10s and what they were!

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is revealed.

Posted on 03/28/2013 at 10:53 AM | Filed Under Blogs

I watched some of the live GDC event yesterday with the announcement of MGSV and there was one thing I was confused about. At one point Kojima-san said something along the lines of "Ground Zeroes and The Phanton Pain are Metal Gear Solid V." So the two games come together as a whole?

It seemed like they did in the trailer somehow, but I wasn't sure.

What did you think of the new voice for Snake!?

GLaD 27: Ghost Trick, 999, or Hotel Dusk? & Wax Lyrical Wednesday

Posted on 03/28/2013 at 10:50 AM | Filed Under Blogs

I dunno if it's exactly the same thing, but I played an "interactive" novel game for the DS called Trace Memory that I really liked. It had a sequel I haven't yet played called Another Code: Twin Memories, which is the same play-style. It's a little more involved than a visual novel, puzzle-wise.

Random Update 3/27/13, the birthday edition

Posted on 03/28/2013 at 09:45 AM | Filed Under Blogs

That sounded like a pretty awesome birthday to me! And a Playchoice-10 encounter to top it all off!

Happy belated.

Retro Rampage: New Season Coming Soon!

Posted on 03/28/2013 at 08:54 AM | Filed Under Blogs

Looking forward to it, gents!

Short Short Short Blog (MM News)

Posted on 03/26/2013 at 08:25 AM | Filed Under Blogs

That statue is awesome. Did you see the Mega Man 25th Anniversary USB drive?

I got my fiancèe to get me it for Easter, haha. It's 8GB drive with the Mega Man X Official Complete Works ebook, an Udon tribute ebook, some of the Archie comics that were released a year or two ago, the newest version of SFxMM (meh) and some wallpapers or something. I'm more excited for the cool USB drive than anything, I think, haha.

GLaD #23 - Hard Hat Mack

Posted on 03/25/2013 at 02:12 PM | Filed Under Blogs

I have never heard of Hard Hat Mack. It looks like a pretty classic arcade game from around that time. I'm surprised it's not more popular!

You're not into Wii Motion controls, eh? I can understand they aren't for everyone, but it's too bad because Skyward Sword was an excellent Zelda entry, I really loved it.

GLaD #22 -- Ice Hockey and Blades of Steel

Posted on 03/25/2013 at 10:41 AM | Filed Under Blogs

We were on the Blades of Steel train all the way to the station. I didn't know anyone that actually had Ice Hockey!

GLaD 22: Carmen San Diego + Just for Fun Friday

Posted on 03/25/2013 at 08:38 AM | Filed Under Blogs

I played Where In The World is Carmen Sandiego for the PC, but I didn't like Where In Time. I found it too difficult! I'd be interested to see how good I'd be at it now, haha. I'd probably be worse!

DuckTales Remastered