avidacridjam's Comments - Page 3

BaD 2017.15: at the movies.

Posted on 02/22/2017 at 01:21 PM | Filed Under Blogs

Comfortable movie-going experiences are hit-and-miss where I live. No wonderful chain like the Alamo Drafthouse or New Beverly. You do have to risk sitting next to people who still think they're in their living room and that I paid for their commentary. At least the two local cineplexes are nice in terms of seating, screening room size and overall cleanliness.

You may have nudged me to check out The Great Wall. I've seen most of Zhang Yimou's work on home video but Hero was a fantastic viewing experience in a theater (even if a lot of the political content went over my head). Logan will also be a priority for me.

02/21/2017

Posted on 02/22/2017 at 01:10 PM | Filed Under Blogs

I'll probably pick up Inside and Severed finally.

BaD '17: In which...same s***, different day

Posted on 02/16/2017 at 10:55 AM | Filed Under Blogs

The bleachers had their fair share of trash. Besides that, nothing for me to harp about.

BaD Movies

Posted on 02/09/2017 at 11:49 AM | Filed Under Blogs

I love Creed. It doesn't achieve anything new for sports dramas or the Rocky series but it does what it does extremely well. It knows what buttons to push.

I also enjoyed Star Trek Beyond. The villain was weak-sauce, I agree (even if it was Idris Elba), but it doesn't hurt the film because the story placed more emphasis on the crew and their relationships. Trek usually works better that way.

I liked Into Darkness more than most people even with its flaws. The big problem in my opinion with that film isn't that it seems to lift so much from Wrath of Kahn (I'd argue that Star Trek Nemesis is a more shameless rip-off) but that the script is more focused on plot than character.

BaD '17: In which...same s***, different day

Posted on 02/09/2017 at 11:11 AM | Filed Under Blogs

FMJ at least has some humor ("You seen much combat?" "I've seen a little on tv!").

BaD '17: In which...same s***, different day

Posted on 02/09/2017 at 11:10 AM | Filed Under Blogs

Not just gunfights but a basement full of Nazis and Nazi supporters get burned and blown to bits.

BaD '17: In which I already miss 2 days....*shrugs*

Posted on 02/07/2017 at 01:12 PM | Filed Under Blogs

Missed the memo on the weekends rule. That's how far I am behind.

Im Not Feeling Well...

Posted on 02/06/2017 at 12:54 PM | Filed Under Blogs

Hope you're feeling better! Take as much time as you need. The blog isn't going anywhere. :)

BaD #4: Captain N's Favorite PS3 Games of 2016 Part 1

Posted on 02/06/2017 at 12:53 PM | Filed Under Blogs

I really need to finish Arkham Origins. It's more enjoyable that I was led to believe by initial reviews.

BaD #3 - My PS4 impressions so far

Posted on 02/06/2017 at 12:50 PM | Filed Under Blogs

The PS4 U.I. isn't the best but it's step up from the PS3's. Despite its shortcomings (like the crazy slow download speeds) I'm glad I bought mine.

Comments 21 - 30  of  552 «  1   2   3   4   5  »