F1r3inth3H0L3's Comments - Page 1

Episode 151: Final Fantasy Builders

Posted on 05/15/2019 at 11:57 AM | Filed Under Feature

STAGE SELECT:

I would erase Half Life 2. I’ll get kick back for this but to me this game is a “you had to be there” moment in gaming history and people never stop talking about it and also asking when Episode 3 or Half Life 3 is coming. I have tried to play this game a few times but in my opinion, not that engaging or interesting. Same with original Half Life, it’s one of those series that everyone loves and I never got into.  I am curious what this would do to the current gaming landscape. Would Steam exists I wonder....

CAGE MATCH:

Streets of Rage 1 is probably my favorite beat’em up of all time. So it wins for me. I prefer it to the sequels and still play it every once in a while even to this day.

April 2019 Recap

Posted on 05/14/2019 at 11:50 AM | Filed Under Blogs

Never played a Yakuza game before, I hear good things about Yakuza 0, may pick it up and give it a shot.

What I've Been Playing

Posted on 05/14/2019 at 11:47 AM | Filed Under Blogs

Final Fantasy 7 is my favorite game in the series and I have bought it multiple times as well, probably about six or seven different ways. It’s clunky nowadays but still fun as hell to me. Being turn-based, it’s perfect for mobile (I have on iPhone and iPad), but Switch I can see as well.

Borderlands GotYE

Posted on 05/14/2019 at 11:41 AM | Filed Under Blogs

I love Borderlands ever since I played through the first one. I bought the re-release of original Borderlands for PS4 (and also the Handsome Collection). I’m not as hyped about part three for some reason but I’ll definitely play it.

Stealth Grandpa - Metal Gear Solid 4

Posted on 04/23/2019 at 04:36 PM | Filed Under Blogs

As a huge Metal Gear fan, I loved how MGS4 tied the whole series together. And the suprise appearance at the end was amazing; this game also turned Raiden into a badass. MGS5 I absolutely loved, and you can pick up the entire “complete” edition for $20 I bet. MGS5 has the best gameplay in the series, the story is very light though. I definitely think it’s worth a playthrough.

Watcha Been Playin’ April 12, 2019

Posted on 04/17/2019 at 02:11 PM | Filed Under Blogs

God of War (2018). Though I am not very far.

Watcha Been Playin’ April 12, 2019

Posted on 04/17/2019 at 02:04 PM | Filed Under Blogs

Same issue, it takes me months to beat a single game because I always go back to Rocket League and Enter the Gungeon; meanwhile keep purchasing new games. I am very happy to hear the early rumblings of the PlayStation 5 being backwards compatible, I need it!

Episode 149: Remaking the Remaster

Posted on 04/17/2019 at 02:00 PM | Filed Under Feature

STAGE SELECT:

Disclaimer, I hate puzzle games and puzzles in general when it comes to video games. My answer will be Portal (whole game). I played it because of the hype and I tolerated it enough to make it through it. My thoughts it was okay, one day I will play the sequel.

CAGE MATCH:

Skyrim by a mile. I have never played a Yakuza game but I can already declare that Skyrim would be my favorite of the two. I hadn’t played Skyrim until maybe a year or two ago even though it’s been out forever and released on every console. Yakuza 0 looked like a fun game but I haven’t played the series so I never bothered to buy or play it.

04.01.2019: I am back!

Posted on 04/12/2019 at 10:52 AM | Filed Under Blogs

Enter the Gungeon I recommend for short runs, it’s a lot of fun. I have been playing it since it released a few years ago. A run usually lasts 30mins for me.

04.01.2019: I am back!

Posted on 04/10/2019 at 12:46 PM | Filed Under Blogs

I tried to get into PC gaming and made a Steam account, boy was that a mistake, I think I own around 200 games on there that I may never touch again. PC gaming costs too much for the rig for my taste, I would rather wait for PlayStation 5 and have one machine I don’t have to touch for 7 years.

I am glad to be back. I log in here and read and listen to the podcast, I just haven’t been writing anything. I want to change that.

Thailand will be interesting, a little bit nervous to traveling to the opposite side of the globe, it will be worth it in the end I hope lol.