PixlTalk

PixlTalk Episode 82: The Return of Nate

Long time listeners, rejoice -- Nate Hascup is back!

We all know that death and taxes are inevitable, but we might want to add PixlTalk taking at least a few months to produce a new episode to that list. In any event, it's given us plenty of time to build up some energy for a lively discussion with returned staff member, Nate Hascup!

After short introductions, we dive right in with discussion of the status of the big three companies. Furthermore, we talk shop on the Wii U and if Nintendo can unsink the ship at this point. Sony's VR head set also comes into focus as we crack jokes about how they'll have to sell another building just to keep things in the black.

Some other stuff gets discussed, like what we're playing and some random cosplay tangents, but like any good(?) PixlTalk, things are all over the place. Enjoy the episode and be sure to say hi to Nate!

Comments

Alex-C25

03/26/2014 at 05:21 PM

Very entertaining podcast guys, I wouldn't mind having another.

Nate Hascup Staff Alumnus

03/26/2014 at 09:38 PM

Thanks for the feedback, Alex! It was a blast getting to do one again. I'll be sure to blow up Nick's phone badgering for another sometime in April.

Be sure to shoot us some topic ideas and your questions and we will be sure to include them on our next audible journey.

Our Take

Jason Ross Senior Editor

03/27/2014 at 08:28 PM

We need a tagline at the end of this article. Something like "12 people were killed in the making of this podcast."

transmet2033

03/30/2014 at 08:07 PM

I am so confused.

I enjoyed Kingdom Hearts back when the PS2 games were released.  I think that those games need to be left as fond memories.  I don't think that I could play them again.

Nick DiMola Director

03/31/2014 at 12:09 PM

Confusion is to be expected with any episode of PixlTalk. There's rarely a coherent thought or a strong line of progression from one topic to any other.

In any event, the episode does have a little glitch in the middle (around 30 mins) where we lost a couple minutes. Stupid recording tools.

transmet2033

03/31/2014 at 12:13 PM

The only line of progression that I cought through this episode was HATE.  Apparent hatred of Sony turns into Apparent hatred of Nintendo...  and other things.

Nick DiMola Director

03/31/2014 at 04:21 PM

That sounds about right. We don't really hate anyone, just poking some fun at these big companies and their various foibles. Though I might actually hate Inazuma Eleven. That game is super boring.

BrokenH

04/14/2014 at 10:07 PM

Glad you're back,Nate! Smile

Log in to your PixlBit account in the bar above or join the site to leave a comment.

Podcast

Hot Story

Super Hang-On Review Rewind

When I was a wee lad in the arcades, motorcycle racers were not often a priority for me to spend my quarters. I was too busy playing After Burner, Galaga, or Ms. Pac-Man. But one day, I saw something that stood out from the usual bunch- Sega’s Super Hang-On, initially released in 1987. As I hopped on the mechanical bike and blasted around that first corner, I knew it was worth every quarter spent. I was one with the road- until I crashed seconds later. While I never won the race or played it in the arcade again, I always remembered how much fun it was. Thankfully, most of the traits that made the coin-op version fun translated well on the Sega Genesis.

Read More...