Raised_on_Nintendo's Comments - Page 10

Playing RE:6 is Breaking My Heart

Posted on 03/31/2013 at 07:42 AM | Filed Under Blogs

@Ben I know I'm punishing myself by being stubborn and not changing the difficulty.  I agree that RE:6 is a great action game, it just shouldn't feel this wonky, even on this setting, IMO.  A great game should be great on all difficulties.

@Joe Step ya know, I've just recently checked out 1Up's podcasts.  I didn't realize there were so many.  Retronauts is one of the best.

@asrealasitgets I started with Leon's campaign and just reached the point with the pilot BOW on the way to China.  I'm not really that far into it, and I know the gameplay changes up with different campaigns.  I use melee a lot, and I notice that it works better on certain BOW's.

After I beat the game I'm probably going to replay it solo on easy level, to get a better feel of the pacing.  I really like the environment, underground tunnels, that nasty zombie shark QTE battle, it's all been really neat.  It's just that certain routine maneuvers seem too complicated, which has never been the case for me with RE, even back in the old tank-control days.

I think what I'm seeing here in RE:6 is perhaps the second or third advancement (or generation) of online co-op integration.  For me, it started with the first Gears of War.  That was the first online co-op adventure/action/shooter I played, and I think it's the first AAA of it's kind. That was way back in 2006, 6 years ago.

Since then, the formula hasn't changed all that much.  RE:5 - the first online co-op RE - nailed it pretty well, I thought.  FWIW, RE:Revelations nailed it too, even on the dinky 3DS, although 3DS' lack of voice chat made it a lonely experience.  Unfortunately, I am stuck with split screen for RE:6, but I can sense how they are trying to expand the experience, move it forward.  I respect that.

What I Took Away After Helping My GF Play Tomb Raider (and Redbox Scams)

Posted on 03/22/2013 at 10:44 PM | Filed Under Blogs

I also would like to say 'hey' to my blog readers.  I've been super swamped with personal projects, one of which will be mentioned in a soon-to-be blog.  I hope you're all having an aweomse Spring.

Finished Backing Up My Blog

Posted on 02/27/2013 at 07:11 AM | Filed Under Blogs

Thanks.  I was asked over 50 times.  I started seeing repeats!  Pain in the ass, but once you expect it, you get used to it.

As for 1up, I'm still kinda processing the whole thing.  I'm going back through the features starting from the beginning.  I'm not reading them all, but ones that stand out. I can tell by my research that I was at least visiting the site very early on, due to my memory of the content and their dates, but I'm not exactly sure when I joined and started blogging, it was '06 at the earliest. I remember because my first blog was a complaint about Gears of War.

My blog archive starts with my first blog, which is sadly a short tribute to EGM passing, which is very coincidentally ironic right now!  It starts there, and then ends with a 1up tribute.

There were more blogs from earlier than that that I wish I would've kept, but the writing was atrocious and embarassing, I deleted them for a reason years ago.

Finished Backing Up My Blog

Posted on 02/26/2013 at 10:08 PM | Filed Under Blogs

One thing I forgot to mention, the blog archive is maximized for viewing in 1440 x 900 resolution

Welcome to PixlBit!

Posted on 02/26/2013 at 09:03 AM | Filed Under Feature

Ha@GM4747  You know he's gonna show eventually

Cleaning out my locker at 1UP

Posted on 02/26/2013 at 06:48 AM | Filed Under Blogs

Ha, or follow me, even!  Gotta get used to pixlbit.  Seems cool.  Glad to be here.

Comments 91 - 96  of  96 «  8   9   10