avidacridjam's Comments - Page 1

Pretty BaD - Phantasy Star 2

Posted on 03/19/2019 at 05:37 AM | Filed Under Blogs

I haven't finished Phantasy Star 2 no matter how many times I played it in the past for all of the obvious reasons. Yet I credit this game for kick-starting a love for RPGs. I got into the genre a little too late (26-27?) and while there's a lot of infuriating things about the game (the grindiest; no way to know what gear/weapons work with which player without a guide), its presentation and easy-to-learn battle system was my gateway. This and World of Warcraft, of course.

BaD: In which I return in the hopes of keeping this blog alive after setbacks

Posted on 02/11/2019 at 03:51 AM | Filed Under Blogs

I hope you get a job soon. Good luck and keep trying.

You'll check out the podcast? You were my first guest! You don't remember? Or are you referring to the episode I blogged about? Anyway, back when the podcast was more, ah, frequent, I usually provided a pinned tweet about it. I'll be sure to do the same in the future.

BaD: In which I return in the hopes of keeping this blog alive after setbacks

Posted on 02/11/2019 at 03:48 AM | Filed Under Blogs

Thanks. I've added you as a friend on Xbox.

BaD: In which I return in the hopes of keeping this blog alive after setbacks

Posted on 02/11/2019 at 03:47 AM | Filed Under Blogs

Thanks. I hope you're still writing.

BaD: In which I return in the hopes of keeping this blog alive after setbacks

Posted on 02/10/2019 at 08:43 PM | Filed Under Blogs

Thanks! I'm happy to see that life has improved for you. Glad to know that I'm not alone in the struggle. And I don't plan on going anywhere.

BaD Move - Final Fantasy Tactics

Posted on 02/10/2019 at 08:16 PM | Filed Under Blogs

I've played the PSP remake and the PSOne original. Both have steep learning curves for players that aren't used to SRPGs, like myself. But they're so well made.

BAD #6

Posted on 02/10/2019 at 08:14 PM | Filed Under Blogs

I don't know when I will, but I'll play the RE2 remake. That and the remake for the original. Games like this aren't usually my cup of tea but I'll make an exception here.

In which I blog again, game again and search for another job again.

Posted on 04/26/2018 at 01:23 AM | Filed Under Blogs

Thanks. I have no worries about finding a job. Just with finding a job that pays as well as the last one did.

In which I blog again, game again and search for another job again.

Posted on 04/26/2018 at 01:22 AM | Filed Under Blogs

From the few reviews I've read of Avengers, the writers/directors pulled off the same trick they did with CA: Civil War in terms of balancing time and subplots for the ensemble. What intrigues me is the idea that the villain is the protagonist so he gets more screen time than you'd expect (I mean, unless I'm misinterpreting remarks made by the directors on that issue). It sounds like a good way around the pitfall of an underdeveloped villain.

Agree with Deadpool 2. That last trailer sold me more than anything else.

BaD: In which I resurface. Again.

Posted on 04/25/2018 at 07:19 PM | Filed Under Blogs

On a surface level, sure. But it has intelligent, pointed things to say about how an Afrofuturisitc society would function in modern times and what responsibilities it has to itself and the outside world. And it has one of the best villains ever written, a character whose rage and viewpoint are understandable even when his actions are horrible.