Exrian's Comments - Page 1

Episode 149: Remaking the Remaster

Posted on 04/12/2019 at 10:04 PM | Filed Under Feature

Would Super Mario Bros. Vs Tetris interest you?

Episode 149: Remaking the Remaster

Posted on 04/12/2019 at 03:04 PM | Filed Under Feature

Great show guys. If were getting into listener cage matches then I want to see Final Fantasy 6 vs Chrono Trigger!

Stage Select: The answer is definitely The Witness which I've raved on here about before. So I'll add something different. Not sure if it counts but theres a shark Easter egg in Battlefield 1 that was pretty interesting. You had to do a series of things to get a shark to appear. It was a well kept secret for awhile.

Cage Match: As someone who has played neither, I have the best answer. One had a Macho Man Dragon and one didnt. Guess who gets a big scaley elbow to the dry-cleaned suit covered chest?

Episode 148: Higher. Further. Faster.

Posted on 03/13/2019 at 09:46 PM | Filed Under Feature

Great episode guys. Perfect way to pass time at work. I think the cage match segment is a great addition. I'm really looking forward to some zany matchups down the road. I suggest Devil May Cry vs God of War for one later. Glad to see a new listener get the prize. That should encourage other people to join in.

Stage Select: Game Remake

I will say that my main answer, surprising no regular listener, would be Chrono Cross. That said I want to highlight a game that many probably wouldn't think of. I would love a remake for Binary Domain.

This game had lots of potential. Updating the graphics would be obvious. Making the upgrade system more integral would be make a big difference. I'm not sure if I'd steer away from the B movie vibe since it does have its charm but I feel in order to be a success it would have to be more serious. More weapons of course along with better voice commands that actually work would be nice.

Cage Match: Mortal Kombat XL wins. Street Fighter 5 disappointed so many at launch. They are constantly making weird design choices and combat just isnt as satisfying as it used to be.

Mortal Kombat XL on the other hand has had people pretty satisfied since day one and the XL version is even better. Single player campaign is actually good and gameplay is simple enough got newbies to play but also deep enough for the hardcore crowd. Also FATALITIES! The over the top gory executions are a total blast and much more satisfying than winning a match with a Street Fighter special.

This Gen, This Month, Another Year: March 2019

Posted on 03/09/2019 at 08:41 PM | Filed Under Feature

First area is honestly pretty brutal and plain. Once you get past that initial area it becomes easier for the most part. I think it's worth trying again unless you just know it isn't your type of game.

Episode 147: Video Game Cage Match Beyond Thunderdome

Posted on 03/02/2019 at 02:24 AM | Filed Under Feature

Yep that's it. I knew it was Arc something but was too lazy to Google it. Hence why Dancing Disco Disaster is real until proven otherwise.

Episode 147: Video Game Cage Match Beyond Thunderdome

Posted on 03/01/2019 at 09:22 PM | Filed Under Feature

Great episode guys. Glad for the Angelo cameo. I really enjoyed the Cage Match. I think itll be a great addition since it's so open to any argument. Cant wait to see where it goes. Also, no mention of Super Sonic? With chaos emeralds he would embarrass Megaman and I'm a much bigger megaman fan than sonic.

Stage Select: I would love a game around the Image comic series Wayward. It's a bit like X-men in Japan. I love that series and think it could be a great game if done right. There arent too many characters and the powers they have could be used for great variety. A coop option would be even better. Huge bonus points it they get the Guilty Gear/Dragon Ball FighterZ team to do the graphics in the same style of the comic.

Cage Match: This has to go to Kindgom Hearts. Nintendo doesn't even care enough about Earthbound to localize the 3rd one for the US. In fact eye beam lasers are threatened every time its brought up.

Square cares enough about Kingdom Hearts to make crazy title after crazy title and be pretty damn serious about it. Dream Drop Distance! 365/2 Days! 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8! Dancing Disco Disaster! Was that last one real? Probably not but you'll never know because that requires effort.

Also Final Fantasy and Disney characters are a big part of these series. I'll take a great FF character over an Earthbound toddler any day.

This Gen, This Month, Another Year: February 2019

Posted on 02/26/2019 at 05:14 PM | Filed Under Feature

Oh no your info was very helpful. I was just making a NWP joke. Chun-Li is always a hot topic on there. Thanks a lot for the help.

This Gen, This Month, Another Year: February 2019

Posted on 02/26/2019 at 02:22 PM | Filed Under Feature

Which one has Chun-Li DLC? I'll make that the first one.

This Gen, This Month, Another Year: February 2019

Posted on 02/26/2019 at 01:49 PM | Filed Under Feature

Yakuza is a series I haven't really tried yet. Played it a bit but never to completion. Hearing you and Julian though has me searching for deals on it. I dont subscribe to PS+ anymore so I missed the free one a month or so ago. What's a good starting point?

This Gen, This Month, Another Year: January 2019

Posted on 02/26/2019 at 01:44 PM | Filed Under Feature

I too have bought a few MH titles only to never actually play them. Usually I find them on Clearance and just bite because it's under $10. I was hesitant to get this one right away but I knew my cousin was buying it and we play together almost every day I'm off work.

It took a few hours to learn how to play but it was worth it. I haven't played it in awhile but at least once a week I get the urge to play it again. If we weren't so hooked on Rainbow Six: Siege right how we most likely would have replayed it.

Theres so much we didnt do. We basically played for 80+ hours and stopped after beating the main boss. That's where the, "real," game begins and where people add hundreds of hours. Great game and I'm eagerly anticipating a sequel.