Exrian's Comments - Page 2

Episode 152: Digital Erasers

Posted on 05/23/2019 at 01:23 AM | Filed Under Feature

Great episode guys. Got to say I thought Streets of Rage would have won but it wasnt even very close. Guess people love sausage fests...

The Kindgom Hearts pick was an interesting one for Stage Select. I can definitely see it.

Anyways I'm looking forward to this cage match. Very interesting match up.

This Gen, This Month, Another Year: May 2019

Posted on 05/18/2019 at 01:36 AM | Filed Under Feature

You know it was a misstep on my part. 2014 didnt really start having games this gen til around this month. While there were a few a month or so ago, I didnt look to add them unless they were standouts because most were cross gen titles. I'll keep a closer eye. To be fair though I still would have picked Doom.

Wolfenstein was definitely great though. I had zero interest in it but it came with my console. I had to work Christmas night when all but 2 other people didnt opt out that day. Knowing I'd be alone since the other 2 were in a crane or other area, I took a small TV, my Xbox and played Wolfenstein for 11 straight hours while listening to Giantbombs GOTY Deliberations. Best day I've ever had at work.

Episode 151: Final Fantasy Builders

Posted on 05/11/2019 at 12:53 PM | Filed Under Feature

Totally agree on the Metroidvania name. I hate it. Also hate the word Nindies. It's like they are trying to credit themselves for other small developers work.

Episode 151: Final Fantasy Builders

Posted on 05/09/2019 at 11:12 PM | Filed Under Feature

Thank you. I also thought 8 initially but thought maybe it should go against the last PSX final fantasy.

Episode 151: Final Fantasy Builders

Posted on 05/09/2019 at 10:13 PM | Filed Under Feature

I agree. I have a hard time going too esoteric. Everything I do needs to have some kind of link. I cant just come up with Yakuza vs Skyrim. That takes some one much more creative than I. I will throw some more out there to mix it up.

The Sims vs Animal Crossing

Plants vs Zombies vs Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game

American McGees Alice vs Clive Barkers Jericho

Mirrors Edge vs Dying Light

Minecraft vs Grand Theft Auto 5 or Red Dead Redemption 2

Episode 151: Final Fantasy Builders

Posted on 05/08/2019 at 09:25 PM | Filed Under Feature

Yeah I hear Arya is probably the best character in GoT so I dont really mind. I just dont want people thinking I named her that because of the show because that will be a crazy popular name most likely. Sephiroth is definitely more blatant and less appealing to me.

Alright Julian, you wanted matches. I'll give you matches!

-Halo 2 vs Half Life 2: Two highly anticipated sequels that revolutionized the FPS landscape at the time. Also both finished with a fizzle.

-Super Mario Bros. Vs Tetris: Two of the most influential games ever. Even better both of these series continue to be thriving.

-Chrono Cross vs Final Fantasy 8 or 9 (your pick): Two of the last RPGs to finish up the original Playstation. I may have more interest in this than most but I do believe this is a legitimate battle.

-God of War vs Devil May Cry: The two action games that revolutionized the genre with two protagonists that were highly revered.

-Demons Souls vs Dark Souls: The two games that skyrocketed From into triple A developer. Always a debate between which is better.

-Horizon: Zero Dawn vs Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Two of the biggest adventure games of this gen. While this fight may seem one sided, I think it's so much closer than you think.

-Super Contra vs Gunstar Heroes: The two best side scrolling shooters of their gen. Both similar but also very different

-Super Metroid vs Castlevania: Symphony of the Night: The two games that coined the term Metroidvania. These two juggernauts have been destined to fight.

-Dead Space 1 or 2 vs Resident Evil 4: The two horror games that are probably most revered in their gen.

-Silent Hill 2 vs Resident Evil 2: While they may be of 2 different gens, these 2 games are special amongst horror fans.

Episode 151: Final Fantasy Builders

Posted on 05/08/2019 at 04:46 PM | Filed Under Feature

Been waiting for this one. The cage match alone is an epic one. Cant wait to hear it. I'll be back with commentary.

I'll have you know the Bouncer was my favorite PS2 game for days. It was more of a joke pick since I know the hate surrounding that game but I did enjoy it when I had it.

Yes Aya Brea had to survive. I loved her so much that I actually named my daughter Aya lol. Everyone loves the name and says its different but little do they know it's from a game. Though these days many think she's named Arya from Game of Thrones. I've never seen that show so I take offense.

STAGE SELECT: I'd love to say that I'd remove Steam from existence so Valve would actually, you know, have to work. An alternate reality exists out there where Steam bombed and Valve went on to create dozens of top tier amazing games.

Anyways, I'd say Inside. I hate the praise that game gets. Sure its selfish but I don't give a damn. Was it horrible? Not at all but it isnt the freaking amazing 10/10 Masterpiece that people praise it to be. It was a solid game that was done better, by the same Studio mind you, years prior with Limbo.

CAGE MATCH: Of course Streets of Rage wins this. Music was way better. Combat was more fun. Finally it had Blaze! Tiny skirt lovers rejoice!

This Gen, This Month, Another Year: April 2019

Posted on 04/28/2019 at 10:42 AM | Filed Under Feature

DS3 was my least favorite of the series. I don't know why but I love DS2 a lot. So many hate it but I feel it was a great addition. Souls 1 is amazing and was the game that really brought in the new From era. I know Demons came first but it seems like Souls 1 hit the mainstream in a way Demons didnt. After replaying Demons years later, I have to say that I do actually prefer it to DS1. I didnt feel that way before but replaying it made me really love it.

This Gen, This Month, Another Year: April 2019

Posted on 04/28/2019 at 10:37 AM | Filed Under Feature

I definitely feel like playing the first ones makes a difference since you see how different this Kratos is. Gameplay felt awkward for me at first but I feel that was because I was so used to the previous GoW games. Once I got used to it, I really enjoyed it. Later on you get a second weapon and that makes combat much better imo. Switching between the 2 (and melee) is effortless and can be really in depth if you choose to go that route.

I think playing more may change your mind but I know how hard it is to go back to a game after you've put it down because it wasnt grabbing you. Too many games these days to waste time on ones you dont love right out the gate.

Episode 150: Here Comes A New Challenger!

Posted on 04/24/2019 at 10:48 PM | Filed Under Feature

Awesome episode guys. Glad to have a 3rd chair again and really glad its Justin. Hes been doing excellent. Though Angelo feel free to come back and make it a full squad! Definitely be back with some comments on the cage match. That's a slobber knocker

Stage Select: Chrono Brea....I mean Final Fantasy XVI. Ok so we start with a giant portal that gathers up all the heroes from other dimensions. This pulls in people from all of Square's games. Final Fantasy 4, Secret of Mana, Threads of Fate, Parasite Eve, the Bouncer and all those amazing gems.

They are told they have been called to battle the evil that has plagued the land. 2 weeks later most of them get a virus that their body wasnt immune to and get wiped out. Only the Chrono series teams, and Aya Brea, survive and must take out this evil.

Music by Yasunori Mitsuda. Gameplay of Chrono Cross mixed with Chrono Trigger. So there you have it, Final Fantasy XVI: Break in Time.

Cage Match: Damn this is tough. Voice acting is better for Witcher 3. Bloodborne gets a slight edge in world design. Combat goes to Bloodborne. Graphics maybe goes to Witcher for what they achieved in such a huge world. Geralt definitely gives Witcher huge bonus points for his personality. Witcher 3 also gets points for plenty of boobies.

Damn! I really expected to come here saying Witcher 3 gets the slight edge. Which is even more impressive considering I havent finished it yet and I loved Bloodborne. I think it comes down to the final boss battle. To be fair I havent seen how Witcher 3 ends but I consider the final battle against Gehrman to be one of the most epic I've seen. In the end I think it goes Bloodborne which surprises me.

Comments 11 - 20  of  131 «  1   2   3   4  »