Exrian's Comments - Page 1

Episode 172: Wrestling with Covid-19

Posted on 03/29/2020 at 11:18 AM | Filed Under Feature

Awesome long episode. Many good laughs is what I need. Really interesting Stage Select this week. I think I have some good answers.

I also thought of a perfect way for Animal Crossing to legit beat Doom guy. He charges head first everywhere. All the residents need to do is drop pitfalls everywhere. As he keeps falling, Nook can make his pitch to stay. Still cant believe that upset lol.

Stage Select: Top 3 Games I've Never Played

3. Skyrim: I still dont know how I've never played this. I think it's most likely due to the close release with Dark Souls which became one of my favorite games ever. Skyrim makes the list for epic dragon battles, awesome magic attacks and the insane exploration. I actually bought it recently but havent played it yet so I can still correct this mistake.

2. Final Fantasy 14: This game seems epic and everything I've heard makes me want to play it so much more. The story is supposed to be amazing and I've always been really intrigued to play an MMO but just never have. This makes the list for amazing music, story and being an MMO. Another title I currently own and will definitely play soon.

1. Zangeki No Reginleiv: If I'm correct this is loosely translated to Norse Defense Force. This was a game for the original Wii that only released in Japan. It was supposed to be a melee take on the Earth Defense Force gameplay where you swing swords, axes, and other melee weapons to take down giant enemies. I always wanted this to come stateside but it never did. Considering it was on Wii probably means it wouldn't hold up well and may have just outright sucked but I stand by my enthusiasm and proclaim I would love it like I do the EDF series. Unfortunately, I dont own this and probably never will.

Cage Match

Galaga and it's not even close. Centipedes are bugs, Galagas are... well I dont even know what is the Galaga. Is it the ship? The enemies race? The space army? Either way giant ships with guns beat bugs. Unless we are talking Starship Troopers because those bugs that shoot plasma out their ass took out space ships easy. But centipedes dont seem to shoot plasma out their ass so it has to go Galaga.

Episode 171: Leap Year Business

Posted on 03/12/2020 at 01:52 PM | Filed Under Feature

That was some good podcasting. I liked the videogame companies idea since it something I tend to forget all about. Nice tattoo Julian. I didnt know it was yours until you mentioned it.

Glad that Stardew Valley is a hit. I still need to check it out. If Animal Crossing wasnt out so soon I would have tried it. I haven't tried the FF7 demo because I'm going to borrow the game from my friend when he's done.

I cant believe I didn't think of Umbrella either. Great choice. This Stage Select should be interesting.

Stage Select: I'd go for a nice mix of the old arcade one where moves were over the top but with the controls of the golden era N64 games like No Mercy. Imagine piledrivers where they can fly high like when someone in NBA Jam is on Fire.

Definitely need a solid create a character mode. There must be a way to go into the back rooms by going up the ramp. Tons of crazy ass weapons. Wrestlers from all eras and companies would be fun. Also throw in some crazy off the wall ones kind of like how WCW/NWO Revenge did.

All the match types you can think of also including ones that have been lost to time like Coffin Matches, Fire Matches, and such. They also need to add that water arena that WCW would use every so often.

Cage Match: Doom guy blows the head off a demon and is on his way back to Earth. He is ready to tear up some demons but finds himself in a quaint little village on some island. Here he is greeted by a nice raccoon and friendly dog.

The raccoon offers a home with no interest to worry about. He could theoretically never make a single payment and keep his tiny quaint home if he wanted. Doom guy is overwhelmed by his generosity and cries. The kind yellow dog hugs him and tells him that whatever worries he had before cant hurt him anymore. He enjoys a nice serenade from the dog playing guitar and eats a piece of fruit that is freshly plucked from the tree. Doom guy is happy and will live a quiet life with new friends.

Winner: Both!!!

Episode 170: Decades in the Sun

Posted on 02/27/2020 at 10:57 AM | Filed Under Feature

It's awesome that Megan made a theme song for NWP, excellent job. I really enjoyed the anime talk especially because I'm on season 3 of MHA right now. It's been really good. Definitely keep us updated on anime when you do give them a shot. I'll have to check out the Max Defense anime, I saw that too and was wondering what the hell it was.

I cant believe Justin finishes games at that pace. Its insane! He replayed the whole Witcher and did the DLC! I cant even imagine doing that alone in less than 3 months. He can definitely finish a souls game in no time.

Cool Stage Select idea, I had a bit of a difficult time thinking of more than my favorite but I think I got some good ones.

Stage Select:

3. Warioware Inc.: How could you not love the company behind all those crazy minigames. Then Wario as a boss probably means that you could be completely incompetent and still have a job. It's almost like my job now! He seems like he runs a crazy but altogether fun company.

2. The Carrington Institute: This is company responsible for the laptop gun in Perfect Dark. That alone deserves a great spot on here. Its basically the videogame version of James Bonds MI6. So tons of crazy fun gadgets and a license to kill. Seems like a solid place to work.

1. Aperture Science: Ok so while this is definitely my favorite company in videogames, its probably the absolute last place I'd want to work. Let's just say that Cave Johnson isnt shy about doing human trials on whoever he finds himself around.

Episode 169: Coffee Talkin' About Robot Dinos

Posted on 02/19/2020 at 01:49 PM | Filed Under Feature

So glad hiatus is over and were back for Stage Select! Top of the decade is tough but I'll give it a shot.

Stage Select:

3. Mass Effect 2: This was an amazing sequel to an amazing game. It delivered in pretty much all ways I wanted. I did miss some of the RPG mechanics of the original but outside of that I feel this one was near perfection  Most notably is I finally got to confess my love for Tali, who may be my favorite videogame character ever. Sure I didn't get the beloved Fem Shep voice actor but it was worth it to finish the game with Tali romantically by my side.

2. Divinity Original Sin 2: Damn was this sequel another amazing leap past the original. Although I liked the first one, it didn't grab me. This one pulled me in deep and I'm constantly thinking about this game. The RPG battle mechanics is like D&D come to life. The many ways to play and handle each situation is so interesting. If I'm correct you can kill everyone in this game and it'll find a way to continue on.

1. Dark Souls 2: I know this may be blasphemy to Souls fans since many look down on this sequel but I absolutely loved it. I cant necessarily say it's better than the original but I just love it more. I've replayed it more times than the others and always had a blast. When it finally rereleased on this gen, it mixed things up a bit and felt like the first time I played Ocarina of Time: Master Quest. It took a favorite game I was intimately familiar with and made it feel a bit new. That was the cherry on top for replaying my favorite game of this decade.

NWPWF Video Game Cage Match Ultimate Slam

Posted on 12/19/2019 at 12:17 AM | Filed Under Feature

My favorite game I played this year is Spider-Man for sure but keeping it in 2019 I'll have to go Control.

Episode 165: Video Game Trash Pandas

Posted on 11/21/2019 at 08:57 AM | Filed Under Feature

Great show guys. So glad to have Angelo jump back for a show but everyone did great. I recall the few who actually did play Hob really enjoying it. One of the podcasts I listen to raved about it but I just never went out to buy it. Should definitely check it out.

Thanks for the heads up on Horrified John. I've been really trying to get my daughter into more advanced boardgames and she LOVES coop games. Definitely checking it out.

Spoils The Outer Worlds

Posted on 11/14/2019 at 10:32 PM | Filed Under Feature

Really enjoying the spoiler cast sp far. Didnt even come close to finishing yet but I'm interested in what you both have to say. Got to say that Rule 34 doesnt care about whether or not someone's into anything...

Episode 164: Creationists

Posted on 11/13/2019 at 02:02 AM | Filed Under Feature

I'm with you,  theres plenty of game I like way more than most but games that are mostly hated is hard to find. I typically play games that are critically acclaimed due to all my podcasts breaking them down so I know what I'm getting into.

Episode 164: Creationists

Posted on 11/13/2019 at 01:40 AM | Filed Under Feature

Great show guys. Didnt get a chance to comment last show because I forgot about the day early post time but it was also great. Please tell Rob that he did an excellent job and to come back soon.

It baffles me how quick Justin flies through games. It takes me forever. Then to top it off he doesnt just fly through them, he plays them deeply. 3 runs of Fire Emblem is like 100 hours and he did it in 3 days! How is that possible? Hope your doing ok Justin btw.

Alright let's go.

Stage Select: Favorite games others hate

3. The Bouncer: It was 3d Streets of Rage. How is it hated so much? Sure the characters are goofy looking and the SoR music isnt there but it's still solid. Right? Theres a guy that is basically Sephiroth, people love Sephiroth.

2. Beyond: Two Souls: I was intrigued with this game the moment I saw it. Heavy Rain was good but a crime drama isn't my favorite genre. Sci-Fi is definitely up my alley and I loved this game. The disjointed story telling keep me guessing and I really enjoyed the crazy ending. I still have to play Detroit: Become Human but I'm looking forward to it.

1. Halo 4: I still dont get why Halo gets such a lukewarm reception these days. Seems like it went down hill after the peak of 2 but every one has been really good in my opinion. Four tried some new things with a new dangerous enemy type and the story really intrigued me. If anything I can see why five wasnt so liked because of the focus off Master Chief. Still I think it was a solid experience and I'm definitely still interested in what will happen.

Cage Match: One game has 2 beautiful asian women and a camera. How could you go wrong? I'll tell you how, by not being able to sleep that night. No, not for THAT reason! It's because the game is terrifying.  Being in FPS mode, forced to stare horrifying ghosts in the face is torture. Silent Hill 3, on the other hand, has a Sailor Moon transformation sequence that can give you access to the, "Sexy Beam." I have to go Fatal Frame regardless because if you want horror then it does its job.

Episode 162: Edgy Nerds

Posted on 10/14/2019 at 03:18 AM | Filed Under Feature

Have you had a Portillos burger? They are incredible. They have a great flame broiled taste. Five Guys is also getting popular where I live (Northwest Indiana). We have a BurgerHaus which was pricey but pretty good also.