Exrian's Comments - Page 1

Episode 165: Video Game Trash Pandas

Posted on 11/21/2019 at 08:57 AM | Filed Under Feature

Great show guys. So glad to have Angelo jump back for a show but everyone did great. I recall the few who actually did play Hob really enjoying it. One of the podcasts I listen to raved about it but I just never went out to buy it. Should definitely check it out.

Thanks for the heads up on Horrified John. I've been really trying to get my daughter into more advanced boardgames and she LOVES coop games. Definitely checking it out.

Spoils The Outer Worlds

Posted on 11/14/2019 at 10:32 PM | Filed Under Feature

Really enjoying the spoiler cast sp far. Didnt even come close to finishing yet but I'm interested in what you both have to say. Got to say that Rule 34 doesnt care about whether or not someone's into anything...

Episode 164: Creationists

Posted on 11/13/2019 at 02:02 AM | Filed Under Feature

I'm with you,  theres plenty of game I like way more than most but games that are mostly hated is hard to find. I typically play games that are critically acclaimed due to all my podcasts breaking them down so I know what I'm getting into.

Episode 164: Creationists

Posted on 11/13/2019 at 01:40 AM | Filed Under Feature

Great show guys. Didnt get a chance to comment last show because I forgot about the day early post time but it was also great. Please tell Rob that he did an excellent job and to come back soon.

It baffles me how quick Justin flies through games. It takes me forever. Then to top it off he doesnt just fly through them, he plays them deeply. 3 runs of Fire Emblem is like 100 hours and he did it in 3 days! How is that possible? Hope your doing ok Justin btw.

Alright let's go.

Stage Select: Favorite games others hate

3. The Bouncer: It was 3d Streets of Rage. How is it hated so much? Sure the characters are goofy looking and the SoR music isnt there but it's still solid. Right? Theres a guy that is basically Sephiroth, people love Sephiroth.

2. Beyond: Two Souls: I was intrigued with this game the moment I saw it. Heavy Rain was good but a crime drama isn't my favorite genre. Sci-Fi is definitely up my alley and I loved this game. The disjointed story telling keep me guessing and I really enjoyed the crazy ending. I still have to play Detroit: Become Human but I'm looking forward to it.

1. Halo 4: I still dont get why Halo gets such a lukewarm reception these days. Seems like it went down hill after the peak of 2 but every one has been really good in my opinion. Four tried some new things with a new dangerous enemy type and the story really intrigued me. If anything I can see why five wasnt so liked because of the focus off Master Chief. Still I think it was a solid experience and I'm definitely still interested in what will happen.

Cage Match: One game has 2 beautiful asian women and a camera. How could you go wrong? I'll tell you how, by not being able to sleep that night. No, not for THAT reason! It's because the game is terrifying.  Being in FPS mode, forced to stare horrifying ghosts in the face is torture. Silent Hill 3, on the other hand, has a Sailor Moon transformation sequence that can give you access to the, "Sexy Beam." I have to go Fatal Frame regardless because if you want horror then it does its job.

Episode 162: Edgy Nerds

Posted on 10/14/2019 at 03:18 AM | Filed Under Feature

Have you had a Portillos burger? They are incredible. They have a great flame broiled taste. Five Guys is also getting popular where I live (Northwest Indiana). We have a BurgerHaus which was pricey but pretty good also.

Episode 162: Edgy Nerds

Posted on 10/09/2019 at 02:40 PM | Filed Under Feature

Great show guys. Nice hearing Superstep again. Definitely some solid Edge lords picks.

Alright Justin you sold me on Sayonara Wild Hearts. I've been hearing plenty about it in my various podcasts but had no clue what it was. I checked out the video and it definitely seems up my alley.

I COMPLETELY get what you meant when you gets feels when music is in step with the action on screen. I get goosebumps when I'm watching an anime or movie and things get crazy at the moment the music comes to the foreground and everything is in sync. I cant get enough of that.

Stage Select: Justin's Intervention

Thumper: Its possible hes played this already but I figured I'd suggest it if not. It's not really a horror game. It's a rhythm game with some freaky aspects. It may not come across as such when you're just playing normally but in VR imagine riding that rail dueling with huge monstrosities in a struggle for your life.

Cage Match: I never cared for Medievil. The game just never seemed to be interesting to me. Maybe because I just didnt care for the protagonist at a glance. Soul Reaver on the other hand looked pretty awesome and the main character was instantly appealing to me. So I'm definitely going Soul Reaver. Undead Vampire beats goofy skeleton man any day.

Episode 161: Holy...stuff!

Posted on 09/25/2019 at 02:16 PM | Filed Under Feature

Great episode so far guys. Taking a break and had to chime in before I forgot. I totally agree with the ending about James killing himself being the best. That ending is what cemented it as one of my favorite games ever. I dont think I had seen any ending that was even close to that depressing.

Justin you should definitely give Super Metroid a go if you have time. Now that I think about it, Julian was totally against the new Switch. A few weeks go by, Nintendo adds Super Metroid to the mix and Julian's a proud owner of a new Switch. Coincidence?

As far as Souls games. Bloodborne is definitely up there for most popular. Combat is vastly different from the Souls games. Definitely similarities but its much more offense heavy. Souls 2 is given crap because its supposedly easier but its probably my favorite of the bunch. It streamlined some stuff like fast travel so that makes it's a bit easier to dive into.

Stage Select: Edge Lords

3. Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear X2): The name enough screams Edgelord! His last name is Badguy for crying out loud. Though he's pretty bad ass and a hell of a fighter. His sword is also unique in that its basically a rectangular piece of steel that smacks people around.

2. Oswald (Odin Sphere): Oswald may not have the edgiest name but he's definitely badass. In the heat of battle he can bring out his shadow form with glowing red eyes and tear apart his enemies.

1. Lulu (Final Fantasy X): Lulu is just straight edgelord and has other, "assets" that help cement her on this list. Her straightforward, no bullshit attitude is scary at first but she opens up a bit and you see she's really a good woman who can also kill you in dozens of unfun ways.

Cage Match: Brave Fencer Musashi for the win! He's brave, fences for a hobby and is most likely a samurai or something because his name sounds like it would be. The other guy is probably a magical ninja pokemon, I assume, based off the name. Does that make him Greninja? If so that's a damn cool pokemon so I change my mind, Mystical Ninja Pokemon for the win!

Episode 160: Notice Me, Senpai!

Posted on 09/11/2019 at 10:27 PM | Filed Under Feature

Another great podcast guys. Still waiting for Patrick to make his return from bitcoin island but John did great. Moogles Gone Wild would be amazing Julian! Imagine all those old Girls Gone Wild commercials with Moogles and One Winged Angel playing in the background. Alright, maybe not so good...

Definitely got to give Man or Medan a try down the line. I also own Hybrid Heaven and it definitely had some unique concepts. Never was crazy about it though. Definitely was thinking of the old Johnny Quest. I totally forgot about the reboot one until I looked it up. I think I recall a really cool VR episode of some kind in that one.

Stage Select:

3. Asura's Wrath: The whole damn game is one long Oh Shit moment.

2. Silent Hill 2: While your first encounter with Pyramid head raping a mannequin is definitely up there, my moment came from the end. Finding out that James had been the one to murder his wife blew my mind.

1. Super Metroid: The moment you see the biggest metroid ever is terrifying and worthy of, "Oh shit!" When you find out it's the same one you saved in the previous game is worthy of, "Oh shit!" Yet, the moment I'm talking about is when you are toe to toe with Mother Brain.

Samus is on her last legs when the Metroid flies in to save its, "Mother." While rejuvenating Samus, it takes a hell of a beat down from Mother Brain. At last it is destroyed into pieces. As the pieces rain down, Samus raises to her feet with a beautiful glow of energy. Then your beam hits that alien bitch so hard that her craning neck is in the Gamers Dictionary under, "Extreme Whiplash." This is the gaming moment I remember most from my childhood.

Cage Match: Power Stone was an extremely fun 4 player brawler on a severely underrated system. Ehrgeiz was a somewhat decent 2 player fighting game with characters from a severely overrated Final Fantasy. Winner: Powerstone..... and Bret "The Hitman" Hart...

PSN Binge, Bastion, EDF 2025

Posted on 09/03/2019 at 11:53 AM | Filed Under Blogs

You should really try Wing Diver, it's very fun to play. Problem is getting better guns. I'd suggest have one play as Ranger and one as a Wing Diver on a higher difficultly on the 2nd Level (maybe not the best farm level but decent if you arent far into the game). Kill the ants with ranger and have Wing Diver collect the new weapons. Once you get a solid amount of good weapons that class really opens up.

Episode 159: Nemesis

Posted on 09/03/2019 at 11:43 AM | Filed Under Feature

Fighters Destiny was Awesome! You take that back!