Exrian's Comments - Page 1

Episode 154: Imagine Dinosaurs

Posted on 06/25/2019 at 08:49 AM | Filed Under Feature

Loved the AMA guys. I look forward to those when they come up. Twice a year seems perfect. There were plenty og fun questions. I just wish Patrick had been there.

Consumption Junction: I've been HIGHLY addicted to Slay the Spire recently. I made my way through the 3 characters paths and found my way to the real final boss only to get wrecked. I'm glad to see it was no pushover since I didn't want a reason to stop.

Outside of that I have been playing Minecraft. Another highly addicting game. I love having these games on Switch because I get time to play at work. Probably more time than i do at home because of my, "tiny human."

That said, one game I am disappointed I got on Switch is Bloodstained. I didnt know the graphics would be so downgraded. Worse than that is the sluggish feeling and input lag. Wish I had kept that PS4 copy instead.

Tetris Review

Posted on 06/14/2019 at 09:43 AM | Filed Under Review

Hell yeah! Tetris is my game. Anything less than perfect is a fail. Just got Tetris Effect yesterday but havent played it yet. Been loving Tetris 99 and typically grab a win every day I commit to play til I win.

Episode 153: Squinting Through Rose-Colored Glasses

Posted on 06/07/2019 at 08:34 PM | Filed Under Feature

Sorry I missed out on last episode. Shits been crazy and before I knew it, the date had passed. No doubt Asuras Wrath would win. Asura could probably take on anyone in videogame history. My personal favorite gen may be the last one if I'm not being nostalgic. Souls series, Mass Effect series, Binary Domain, Earth Defense Force, and so many other games that I love.

I loved the last AMA Stage Select. Here goes:

Stage Select: AMA

1. What is one movie or videogame that you regret watching/playing because it just totally screwed with your head. Something that made you say, "Well I'm not getting those hours of my life back." (Note: Mine would be Sausage Party and Escape From Tomorrowland)

2. What was a movie or game trailer was better than the actual version for you? (NOTE: Mine is Iron Man 3. That whole trailer sets up something so much better than the movie.)

3. To counter Superstep, what's the videogame character that turns you on the most? For Justin let's ban Chun-Li because that's a given.

4. You get 24 hours to live as any animal or insect. What is it?

5. You can get 1 feature or ability of any movie ANTAGONIST. What is it? (Example: Xenomorph Acid Blood, Terminator Exoskeleton, Predator Camouflage, Chuckies plastic penis...)

6. What's your Anime guilty pleasure? If you dont watch anime than anything you watch that's a guilty pleasure. (NOTE: Mine is I am really into romance anime and that has trickled into actual Asian romance shows on Netflix)

7. Do you have an anime waifu or TV crush if not? (NOTE: Mine is Shoko Nishimiya from A Silent Voice)

8. Is the grass greener on the other side or do three rights make a left?

Maybe more to come...

Cage Match: I love both of these but I have to go Goldeneye. This was the game that introduced me to the FPS genre. It made me the PROUD inverted player that I am today.

Episode 152: Digital Erasers

Posted on 05/23/2019 at 01:23 AM | Filed Under Feature

Great episode guys. Got to say I thought Streets of Rage would have won but it wasnt even very close. Guess people love sausage fests...

The Kindgom Hearts pick was an interesting one for Stage Select. I can definitely see it.

Anyways I'm looking forward to this cage match. Very interesting match up.

This Gen, This Month, Another Year: May 2019

Posted on 05/18/2019 at 01:36 AM | Filed Under Feature

You know it was a misstep on my part. 2014 didnt really start having games this gen til around this month. While there were a few a month or so ago, I didnt look to add them unless they were standouts because most were cross gen titles. I'll keep a closer eye. To be fair though I still would have picked Doom.

Wolfenstein was definitely great though. I had zero interest in it but it came with my console. I had to work Christmas night when all but 2 other people didnt opt out that day. Knowing I'd be alone since the other 2 were in a crane or other area, I took a small TV, my Xbox and played Wolfenstein for 11 straight hours while listening to Giantbombs GOTY Deliberations. Best day I've ever had at work.

Episode 151: Final Fantasy Builders

Posted on 05/11/2019 at 12:53 PM | Filed Under Feature

Totally agree on the Metroidvania name. I hate it. Also hate the word Nindies. It's like they are trying to credit themselves for other small developers work.

Episode 151: Final Fantasy Builders

Posted on 05/09/2019 at 11:12 PM | Filed Under Feature

Thank you. I also thought 8 initially but thought maybe it should go against the last PSX final fantasy.

Episode 151: Final Fantasy Builders

Posted on 05/09/2019 at 10:13 PM | Filed Under Feature

I agree. I have a hard time going too esoteric. Everything I do needs to have some kind of link. I cant just come up with Yakuza vs Skyrim. That takes some one much more creative than I. I will throw some more out there to mix it up.

The Sims vs Animal Crossing

Plants vs Zombies vs Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game

American McGees Alice vs Clive Barkers Jericho

Mirrors Edge vs Dying Light

Minecraft vs Grand Theft Auto 5 or Red Dead Redemption 2

Episode 151: Final Fantasy Builders

Posted on 05/08/2019 at 09:25 PM | Filed Under Feature

Yeah I hear Arya is probably the best character in GoT so I dont really mind. I just dont want people thinking I named her that because of the show because that will be a crazy popular name most likely. Sephiroth is definitely more blatant and less appealing to me.

Alright Julian, you wanted matches. I'll give you matches!

-Halo 2 vs Half Life 2: Two highly anticipated sequels that revolutionized the FPS landscape at the time. Also both finished with a fizzle.

-Super Mario Bros. Vs Tetris: Two of the most influential games ever. Even better both of these series continue to be thriving.

-Chrono Cross vs Final Fantasy 8 or 9 (your pick): Two of the last RPGs to finish up the original Playstation. I may have more interest in this than most but I do believe this is a legitimate battle.

-God of War vs Devil May Cry: The two action games that revolutionized the genre with two protagonists that were highly revered.

-Demons Souls vs Dark Souls: The two games that skyrocketed From into triple A developer. Always a debate between which is better.

-Horizon: Zero Dawn vs Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Two of the biggest adventure games of this gen. While this fight may seem one sided, I think it's so much closer than you think.

-Super Contra vs Gunstar Heroes: The two best side scrolling shooters of their gen. Both similar but also very different

-Super Metroid vs Castlevania: Symphony of the Night: The two games that coined the term Metroidvania. These two juggernauts have been destined to fight.

-Dead Space 1 or 2 vs Resident Evil 4: The two horror games that are probably most revered in their gen.

-Silent Hill 2 vs Resident Evil 2: While they may be of 2 different gens, these 2 games are special amongst horror fans.

Episode 151: Final Fantasy Builders

Posted on 05/08/2019 at 04:46 PM | Filed Under Feature

Been waiting for this one. The cage match alone is an epic one. Cant wait to hear it. I'll be back with commentary.

I'll have you know the Bouncer was my favorite PS2 game for days. It was more of a joke pick since I know the hate surrounding that game but I did enjoy it when I had it.

Yes Aya Brea had to survive. I loved her so much that I actually named my daughter Aya lol. Everyone loves the name and says its different but little do they know it's from a game. Though these days many think she's named Arya from Game of Thrones. I've never seen that show so I take offense.

STAGE SELECT: I'd love to say that I'd remove Steam from existence so Valve would actually, you know, have to work. An alternate reality exists out there where Steam bombed and Valve went on to create dozens of top tier amazing games.

Anyways, I'd say Inside. I hate the praise that game gets. Sure its selfish but I don't give a damn. Was it horrible? Not at all but it isnt the freaking amazing 10/10 Masterpiece that people praise it to be. It was a solid game that was done better, by the same Studio mind you, years prior with Limbo.

CAGE MATCH: Of course Streets of Rage wins this. Music was way better. Combat was more fun. Finally it had Blaze! Tiny skirt lovers rejoice!