Julian Titus's Comments - Page 1

Episode 210: Parakeet Prison

Posted on 10/27/2021 at 03:24 PM | Filed Under Feature

I am sure Kojima is hard to work with, and his games don't sell as well as people may think based on his fame. But Konami definitely made a focused move away from video games last gen, and it sounds like they burned a lot of bridges with their employees. But I think they had a big reorganization and are pivoting back to games. I am hopeful that something good comes from it.

Episode 207: This Episode Needs No Introduction

Posted on 09/09/2021 at 03:23 PM | Filed Under Feature

I totally forgot about that Dreamcast game. I don't remember playing it, but I was still in retail so I'm sure I at least tried it. Clearly didn't leave an impression either way.

And no, Assassin's Creed got two votes. Quest only got a single one when it took on FF VII.

Episode 206: Gaming is FUNdamental

Posted on 08/30/2021 at 11:56 AM | Filed Under Feature

Yeah, I just don't get it. I didn't enjoy any of those books, and didn't take away anything from them besides a boiling hatred for Southern slang and accents.

Episode 204: Everyone Should Know About This

Posted on 08/04/2021 at 11:16 AM | Filed Under Feature

Their plan is to play every game. The big question now is what they play after VIII. It could be III, V, or IX. Kinda hoping for III because I love to hear them suffer.

Special: The List 2- Part Two

Posted on 06/17/2021 at 10:44 AM | Filed Under Feature

I bought DQ VIII for the FF XII demo and fell in love with the game. I didn't finish it, but the combination of the battles showing your characters and the fact that Toriyama's art translates so well to 3D made me show up for IX on day one.

Special: The List 2- Part One

Posted on 06/06/2021 at 03:30 PM | Filed Under Feature

I haven't looked, but I wouldn't be surprised if Baroque is one of those super expensive PS2 games. There were definitely some games we read out that I wish I had bought or at lease played.

Episode 201: Hammering on the Taunt Button

Posted on 05/25/2021 at 01:52 PM | Filed Under Feature

Sometimes we're not too bright. Ok, most of the time. Thanks for the comment! I owned Legacy of the Wizard as a kid and could never figure that game out at all. I think San Andreas said it is in the series that gave us the Trails of Cold Steel games? I don't know. You two make me feel like I know very little about video games by comparison.

Glad you enjoyed The List! Yep, that's a very good thing...

Episode 197: Never Split the Party

Posted on 03/24/2021 at 08:59 PM | Filed Under Feature

Nice! Falcom is a complete gap for me. I know very little about their games. I did own Faxanadu and Legacy of the Wizard though!

Special: The List Part 5

Posted on 01/26/2021 at 07:58 PM | Filed Under Feature

Man, I have some weird memory block with that series. Now that you mention it, I can visualize the Tales of Symphonia box art, but I have no memory of any on the PS2, and I worked retail through the entire console's life.

Special: The List Part 4

Posted on 01/22/2021 at 02:56 PM | Filed Under Feature

A lot of the ones I want are now too expensive, like Silent Bomber. If we do a PS2 list though...