Julian Titus's Comments - Page 1

Episode 159: Nemesis

Posted on 09/15/2019 at 02:23 AM | Filed Under Feature

Oh yeah, that’s what I meant. Been thinking about DK 64 because of Burgle My Bananas on Giant Bomb.

Episode 160: Notice Me, Senpai!

Posted on 09/11/2019 at 09:25 PM | Filed Under Feature

I played about 20 hours of Tokyo Mirage Sessions and really liked it. I’m not sure why I didn’t finish it. That game came out in a real weird time in my life.

Episode 159: Nemesis

Posted on 09/10/2019 at 09:02 PM | Filed Under Feature

Huh. I think I only got the DK 64 one with my subscription.

Stranger Things 3: The Game Review

Posted on 08/08/2019 at 02:48 PM | Filed Under Review

Aw man, I LOVED the first Stranger Things game, so I’m a little bummed that this one is more middle of the road.

Episode 155: And now, magic rats.

Posted on 07/08/2019 at 01:33 PM | Filed Under Feature

That’s...certainly a word one could use for it.

Special: Wherein We Vamp For About 45 Minutes Before the Show

Posted on 06/16/2019 at 06:52 PM | Filed Under Feature

Funny how that happens, right?

I don’t have a working printer at home, so I usually type up all the Great Game Giveaway entries before I leave for work on recording day. Then I cut them, fold them, and then put them in the Mega Buster of Destiny before the show. I forgot to do that before this episode, and it sucked. Won’t forget again!

Episode 152: Digital Erasers

Posted on 05/24/2019 at 04:48 PM | Filed Under Feature

Yesssss

Episode 151: Final Fantasy Builders

Posted on 05/13/2019 at 08:00 PM | Filed Under Feature

I unlocked that gate, it's still more backtracking then I'd like. Also, in seeing how people are beating enemies I'm finding that the game really doesn't reward stealth, which sucks, because the way enemies are laid out you would think that you should stealth as much as possible until things go sideways, then mop up the enemies that are left. But that's just not how the game seems to work.

I haven't played it since re-installing it, but I will stress yet again that I feel that I have picked up the finer points of the game very quickly, but the game itself constantly moves the goal post on how to play it effectively.

Episode 151: Final Fantasy Builders

Posted on 05/13/2019 at 07:56 PM | Filed Under Feature

Final Fantasy II ditched the job classes, and instead you have 3 blank slate characters, with a rotating 4th member. Experience points are gone, and you level up based on what happens in battle. Swing a sword and your strength and sword skill goes up. Take damage and your hit points go up. Use magic and your magic skill and magic points go up. This sounds cool, but it devolves quickly into characters becoming very samey. Also, the difficulty is all over the place. Take one step too far to the left or right and you'll encounter enemies far above your current level, with no indication as to why.

It's...not a great Final Fantasy game.

Episode 151: Final Fantasy Builders

Posted on 05/09/2019 at 03:31 PM | Filed Under Feature

These are solid, logical matches that we will definitely book, but I hope we get some more esoteric stuff, too. I look forward to making a call on two games I’ve never played.