Exrian's Comments - Page 5

Episode 139: Missing in Action

Posted on 10/12/2018 at 03:43 PM | Filed Under Feature

Glad you released this one. I was working midnight's and was very happy to have NWP pass the time. Though all the Chrono Cross bashing almost killed me on the inside. I think cutting more than half of Cross' character cast is pretty reasonable. There were 40+ in that game. I would love 20 amazing flashed out characters.

I was surprised this episode was so long considering it was cut short but I'm glad it was. I'll be back later with Stage Select.

Episode 138: Check Out Our Huge Sacks

Posted on 10/01/2018 at 02:01 PM | Filed Under Feature

Great call on Road Rash. That series needs a relaunch.

Episode 138: Check Out Our Huge Sacks

Posted on 10/01/2018 at 02:00 PM | Filed Under Feature

Great show guys. Glad to see you back to normal. I don't recall Valkyria Chronicles being that bad so maybe it's been messed up. To be fair it was a long time ago that I played it. I do plan on buying this new one eventually.

The whole Netflix thing is a joke. I can't believe they still don't have a proper category for, "New." I just want to see what the heck has come out in chronological order. Until then I think the Upflix app I recommended on Twitter has been very useful. For anyone interested it lists all the newest content as it releases every day. It also shows you what's leaving soon so you can watch it before its gone.

Anyways on to Stage Select. I really like this one and I've seen a few good picks from other listeners already.

Stage Select: Rise from your Grave

3. Crimson Skies: This game was amazing on OG Xbox and I believe it could do extremely well these days. It offers a very different but still familiar multiplayer and could be an amazing Xbox exclusive if they even own the IP. Microsoft needs something and Crimson Skies could be a nice edge.

2. Gunstar Heroes: The idea of a new Gunstar Heroes with graphics like HD Odin Sphere or Guilty Gear Xrd are mouth watering. Add in at least 2 new weapon types to combine and you're set. As a bonus they could even add some NG+ rogue-like stages as side content and make replay value bigger.

1. Chrono Series: You knew it had to be this. All I've ever wanted is a new Chrono game. As much as I'd prefer Cross I'm sure it would lean heavily towards Trigger. Ideally they'd take some of the Cross gameplay system and mix it with Triggers to make an amazing hybrid. 40 characters isn't necessary but at least 20 really fleshed out ones is a must. I want to hate myself for having to ditch a character I really want for a new one I also want. That way I will gladly replay it.

Episode 137: Feelin' a Might Peevish

Posted on 08/17/2018 at 05:47 PM | Filed Under Feature

Awesome podcast guys. Stage Selects return was a triumph. I know Angelo can't be on the podcast but any chance he will still chime in on Stage Select in the future? You all usually had interesting picks that were different. Just a thought.

Congrats on the new job Julian. You may have mentioned it on Twitter but it didn't sink in until the podcast. It sucks that you finally get engulfed in a game once you no longer have all the extra free time. At least there's plenty of podcast time. I think I'd go crazy in a job where I couldn't listen to podcasts.

This weeks Stage Select is really good. Almost too good. I could think about this for a very long time and come up with something amazing and it still wouldn't be perfect. So I'm just using a bit of thought and the top of my head for a solid backpack.

Stage Select: Inventory Items (in no particular order)

Megalixir (Final Fantasy): Need this in case I get really sick. It has to be the one that heals status effects also.

Union Plume (Valkyrie Profile): Cast on yourself and you get a, "Get out of death free" card.

Celestial Brush (Okami): The power of gods in your hand. Want fire, wind, day, night, bombs, and much more? This has got you covered.

Omni Tool (Mass Effect 3): The power of the tech gods on your arm. Want to hack, repair, scan, heal, cut and much more? This has got you covered.

Ocarina of Time (The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask): Rewind and fast forward time. Travel quickly, summon rain, and look cool, maybe lame, while doing it.

Episode 136: Ye Olde Englishe

Posted on 08/05/2018 at 10:34 PM | Filed Under Feature

DDLC was a fun time killer. I think it would have been better if I knew absolutely nothing though.

Episode 136: Ye Olde Englishe

Posted on 08/05/2018 at 10:26 PM | Filed Under Feature

Great podcast guys. Glad to see it getting back on track. I'm loving my Switch Julian. Its perfect for gaming sessions with my daughter around. I typically dont rebuy games but I've made exceptions since I may never beat them if they aren't portable. Currently playing Hollow Knight and its really good. Cant wait for Dead Cells after all the positive buzz on Giantbomb.

Speaking of Giantbomb, do you have any favorite segments to check out? I'm a new Premium member so I'm trying to see the best stuff. Watched all Mario Party Parties and am almost done with the Contradiction play dates.

I can also attest to the value of video games being so strange. I find myself really interested in many games but tell myself to wait for a sale. Games drop in value so quick and my backlog is so packed that I can afford to do that. I'm the same with movies. I wait til Black Friday for most movies. I will support some smaller games that I really want though like the upcoming Earth Defense Force 5.

Most importantly I will piggy back off last episodes comment and a few here today about the love for Stage Select. It's an awesome segment and I dont think I look forward to another segment from other podcasts even half as much.

With that said, finally some Stage Select. This week

Stage Select: Pet-Peeves

3. Cutscene BS
There's a few I'm lumping in here. Cutscenes that can't be paused or skipped. I can understand not skipping the first time but any time after should be fair game. No pausing in any game during any cutscene is complete BS.  People have lives and we typically don't want to miss your cutscene.

2. The, "Losing all your gear, stealth mission."
Metroid style is one thing. A small tease of your potential in the first 10 minutes is fine. Losing all your stuff 40 hours into the game to force a stealth mission is unbearable. Especially since its usually an afterthought so you're not getting a great gaming experience like a traditional stealth game.

1. Unrealistic Invisible Walls/Road Blockers
Most of all I hate these. Nathan Drake can climb a mountain 3 seconds after falling off a skyscraper but can't hop an Amazon box in a hallway. Yet nothing compares to Pokemon. Every game has 1 unbelievably dumb road block. The guys who won't let you pass because they are dancing. The guy who won't let you walk by because he dropped something. The old man laying on the floor. If you're going to block my progress please let it be somewhat believable.

Episode 135: Kept You Waiting, Huh?

Posted on 07/22/2018 at 12:17 AM | Filed Under Feature

Glad to have you guys back. I think I can speak for many and say we really appreciate your dedication to NWP and keeping it going. I half expected you guys to come back to announce the show will end. Im sorry to hear that it isn't as big as you'd like because you guys deserve it.

Have you ever considered a reboot? Maybe your outpaced by newer podcasts because they have come at a time where podcasts are more popular. If I'm looking for a new podcast, 100+ episodes can be intimidating.

I don't know, I'd just hate to see the show end. It really does feel so friendly and inviting compared to others. It would be the one I'd hate to lose most since the other 7+ podcasts I hear can practically replace each other. But at some point you have to call it quits if it doesn't seem feasible. Here's to hoping it can pick up steam and go full speed ahead.

I also share your thoughts on fighting games. I love them but I have no one to play with so don't buy them. I can't justify a solo fighting game anymore and online is too intense for me. I can only have my ass completely handed to me online so many times before I quit. But it's different with friends. I'll fight back for hours to try to improve if it's on a couch.

The Pak-Watch segment is fine but I definitely preferred Chrono Crossing. But it wasnt made to be endless. Pak-Watch is great when it's a game I can reflect on but the first few were a bit out of my range. But I'm sure there are dozens of games in the Mega Buster that would pull me in. Give it some more time as is or at most maybe try a Poll to decide what game is featured on the next episode. Personally I cant wait for Stage Select. It may be my favorite segment in any podcast.

Episode 134: NWP Royal Rumble

Posted on 05/24/2018 at 03:38 PM | Filed Under Feature

Alright, guess I'll have to dust off my old Twitter account once in a while. Glad to see the game kick in for you. I figured combat may be easier to grasp once you got there but I didn't want to spoil anything. As much as you hate him (and he gets so much worse sometimes) Atreus is a huge asset that is worth maxing out ASAP.

Episode 134: NWP Royal Rumble

Posted on 05/24/2018 at 01:06 PM | Filed Under Feature

Damn, I feel like I'm losing a favorite podcast. Not only is there a few months break but a staple of the show is leaving for good (outside of guest appearances). Loved the outro for Angelo, may he never live down Culdcept Saga. I wish there had been a way to work around the changes in Angelos life but you have to respect a man who is able to make the tough decisions. I'm going to miss you Angelo and hope you get into a position where you're free to come back regularly. It's never the same without any of you. Hoping you can come back for Nier: Automata talk when you're done. I was really anticipating the conversation with Julian.

I finally finished God of War. The game kicked my ass for the first few hours til I got some upgrades. Combat got much easier for me after about 20 hours. Though I still don't have the fluidity I'd really want. I can definitely see the potential to be amazing at it. I really enjoyed it but I don't get best game ever vibes. Definitely in the conversation for best PS4 game. Though I'd say Horizon was a better game in my opinion. If you can muster the strength, try pushing to the point where you take the magic chisel to a place at the lake of nine. I can't imagine you being too far from there. That's around where I got hooked.

Well guys it's been a blast. Hope to see you back sooner than later. I'll definitely be impatiently waiting. What will be the best way to keep up to date on what you guys are doing Julian? Is Twitter the only way? Or are you still doing stuff for pixlbit?

Episode 133: The Greatest Show on Earth

Posted on 04/26/2018 at 10:29 PM | Filed Under Feature

Sorry to say this but I'm glad I'm not in this alone. Makes me feel better that a fellow hardcore gamer is also getting their face smashed. I'm still pretty early in so maybe it'll help once I get a health upgrade and better armor.

Comments 41 - 50  of  123 «  3   4   5   6   7  »