Exrian's Comments - Page 13

Episode 94: Task Force NWP

Posted on 08/15/2016 at 01:13 AM | Filed Under Feature

You guys and all your Doom talk made me decide to, temporarily, put down Overwatch and beat it. Its been on my shelf for a few weeks when I caught it for $30 but Overwatch has its claws in me. I also wanted to finish Ori and the Blind Forest.

I finished it last night before work actually and it's easily the best campaign I've played in awhile. Non stop and just flat out fun. I normally find 1 or 2 guns I like and stick with them but Doom was the exception. Everything except the pistol was used and I'd have even used that substantially if the upgrades had been Faster Rate of Fire, Better Accuracy, and increased Damage.

Honestly if I had beaten this before this week's Stage select I could have maybe had to fit in the Assault Rifle Micro Rockets to my weapons list. Once they can fire indefinitely, they are beautiful...

To comment on Suicide Squad Julian, have you heard the story behind Jokers grill yet? Supposedly the story is that Batman broke all his teeth on a beat down after Joker killed Robin. Joker got his grill and put the horrid, "Damaged," tattoo on his forehead as a reminder to Batman for what he did. There's also a theory about a Harley miscarriage  because there's some baby clothes in the scene  where Joker is lying on the floor with all those weapons.

EDIT: Also forgot to comment on this week's show. It was great. I know you are trying to shorten the Stage Select portion but it doesn't seem easy, lol. I actually like it the way it is but I can understand you don't want to have a 5 hour podcast (though that'd give me something to listen to for a day of work).

Episode 93: Classic Game Consumption

Posted on 08/10/2016 at 03:43 PM | Filed Under Feature

Yeah I'm on a similar run. First time I've had some days off in a few weeks so I've been pulling all nighters on Doom and Overwatch.

Really happy to be a part of these new segments. It's so cool to see NWP hosts posting about games on a normal level around here. I listen to 12 podcasts regularly and you guys just seen like normal gamers like us. Im happy to say that you guys have quickly moved into my regular podcast list. So I'll be around for the long haul.

Episode 93: Classic Game Consumption

Posted on 08/08/2016 at 10:50 PM | Filed Under Feature

Glad you're enjoying Divinity Julian. I jumped into it a few months back and got about 40 hours in before I stopped. It was a great game but I got my next big game and don't see myself going back.

Chrono Crossing 2009

Demon's Souls: Not my favorite Souls game but my first. If I caught this in my teen years I'm pretty sure I'd have a few broken controllers.

Stage Select

3. Genocide Gun (Earth Defense Force 2017): Complete annihilation. This gun would make many shooters a cake walk if it didn't destroy the player in the process.

2. Bayonetta's Hair  (Bayonetta): Very versatile and unique weapon. Well unique in how crazily it shape shifted.

1. Ivy's Whip Sword (Soul Calibur Series): Definitely not the strongest weapon on my list but it's so bad@**.

Episode 92: The EVOlution of NWP

Posted on 08/02/2016 at 05:12 PM | Filed Under Feature

Stage Select Picks:

3. Earth Defense Forces Genocide Gun (I believe it would beat out the BFG in 1v1 )

2. Bayonetta's Hair (unique and insane weapon from one of my favorite games)

1. Soul Calibur Ivy's Whip Sword (probably not as effective as the prior 2 weapons but if I had to choose one, this would be it)

Episode 92: The EVOlution of NWP

Posted on 08/02/2016 at 04:57 PM | Filed Under Feature

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I am really enjoying NWP. It fills a good niche in my podcasts. I'm glad to be jumping in at the point where you want to make it more interactive.

Chrono Crossing 2009 Pick: Demon's Souls

It's not my favorite Souls game but it was my first. I'm glad I didn't get this as a teenager because I probably would have went through 3 controllers.

Episode 91: Pokemon Go on Vacation

Posted on 07/23/2016 at 03:37 AM | Filed Under Feature

Stage Select Picks:

Tough way to start off a segment but here goes.

1. Chrono Cross (my first RPG so maybe nostalgic but I feel it still holds up. Music and battle system are still my favorites of any RPG)

2. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (still the best Zelda and no other Zelda is even close IMO. I'd say Okami is the next best thing.)

3. Shadow of the Colossus (the only thing wrong was there weren't more Colossi... and there could have been more wild life... to kill.)

4. Super Metroid (I still get goosebumps when the Super Metroid sacrifices itself and Samus slowly rises to give Mother Brain immediate whiplash with the Hyper Beam.)

5. Gunstar Heroes (this could change on a given day but right now it's this. I really wish there could be a spiritual successor or good Downloadable sequel. I know there was the GBA one but it didn't come close to matching the original.)

Episode 91: Pokemon Go on Vacation

Posted on 07/23/2016 at 03:17 AM | Filed Under Feature

You had me at Chrono...

Hey NWP crew, I heard about you guys months ago through the Comics Conspiracy podcast but never went out of my way to check you guys out. That was until Julian guest starred on it and mentioned Chrono Crossing. With Chrono Cross being my favorite game I just had to check out the NWPCAST. To my delight, not even 5 minutes in, I was greeted with the main song that defined my journey into RPGs. The memories came flooding back and I knew I had to add you guys to my weekly podcast list.

I had to jump in on this segment so I'm picking Castlevania: LoS for my Chrono Crossing 2010 pick. There were some strong contenders but I absolutely loved this one. It was a nice change from the more button masher games like God or War. Combat was great and required strategy. Also the main voice actor was amazing (we need more Scottish voice actors). Too bad 2 was a let down but that doesn't diminish my fond memories of part 1.

Great job guys, glad I found you. I'll be spreading the word.

Comments 121 - 127  of  127 «  11   12   13