Exrian's Comments - Page 12

Episode 94: Task Force NWP

Posted on 08/15/2016 at 06:06 PM | Filed Under Feature

I would love to try it but I've never been very PC savvy. I always worry about downloading some virus or bloat ware. I just recently factory reset my laptop because it had some v9 garbage on it.

Episode 94: Task Force NWP

Posted on 08/15/2016 at 07:47 AM | Filed Under Feature

I can certainly understand trying to wait for a deal but it's definitely worth its full price. Excellent game. I bought it after finishing Inside. I liked Inside but feel it is highly over rated. I don't regret buying it but I feel I should have waited for a sale. That's when I saw Ori for sale and decided i'd finally play it. I honestly didn't know much about it except a friend saying it's comparable to Metroid. So I grabbed it and loved it. Definitely better than Inside imo. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Episode 94: Task Force NWP

Posted on 08/15/2016 at 02:33 AM | Filed Under Feature

A year or so ago I would have chosen Square Enix for this Stage Select and said remake Final Fantasy 7. Then they announced it. Not that it's my favorite or anything but nothing else from them could rile up the fans and gaming industry more than that announcement. I also would have thrown Chrono Crisis back into the fold but that's for my own selfish pleasure more than anything. Besides Square Enix seems to be getting on track with their business so I can't really pick them. So...

Stage Select: Nintendo

I have to go Nintendo here. They were so much to me growing up and I hate how far they've fallen. I don't even own a Wii U because, despite a few titles I know I'd enjoy, I don't see the point since Zelda is going to NX.

- Keep the NX idea of a portable that connects to TV effortlessly. This means all attention goes to 1 device. Nintendo won't win a power/graphics war against Sony or Microsoft but they don't need to.

- Focus on games that are almost sure fire home runs. Such as HD remakes for A Link to the Past or Super Metroid. I know Nintendo prides itself on new things but let's get your console established so people will buy it and maybe some 3rd parties might want to join in this time.

- If the mini NES takes off continue with SNES, and Gameboy/GBA. Not sure how feasible a portable retro Gameboy that played GBA also would be but that'd be awesome.

- Lastly, enter the new age already. Make online play a key focus instead of something tacked on. It doesn't have to be Xbox Live but it needs to be on par with Sony. Imagine being able to play on the go with friends in Overwatch or something.

Or I'd just take charge and sell off properties, lol. From Software gets Zelda, Burnout team gets F-Zero, Maybe id gets Metroid Prime... I dont know but I definitely don't want these properties going away for good if Nintendo ever calls it quits.

Chrono Crossing 2008: Prince of Persia

There were plenty of amesome games in 2008 so this was hard but the one I look back most fondly on is this one. I played and enjoyed the first PoP remake on the original Xbox but it didn't grab me like the moment I saw this one. The graphics are still amazing to me (still praying for a Zelda in the same style). The chemistry between the main characters was special. Combat was fun and fairly challenging. Even the story was great. I really wanted to see a sequel but it never came.

Episode 94: Task Force NWP

Posted on 08/15/2016 at 01:20 AM | Filed Under Feature

Hell yeah, a new classic Metroid is what I want most from Nintendo these days. Unfortunately I think I read that Japan isn't as fond of them as we are. So they don't make much money for Nintendo. I saw a few minutes of that fan made Metroid 2 remake that got shut down by Nintendo and it made me want it even more. Metroid 2 was amazing in its time and would be such an awesome game to remake.

Episode 94: Task Force NWP

Posted on 08/15/2016 at 01:13 AM | Filed Under Feature

You guys and all your Doom talk made me decide to, temporarily, put down Overwatch and beat it. Its been on my shelf for a few weeks when I caught it for $30 but Overwatch has its claws in me. I also wanted to finish Ori and the Blind Forest.

I finished it last night before work actually and it's easily the best campaign I've played in awhile. Non stop and just flat out fun. I normally find 1 or 2 guns I like and stick with them but Doom was the exception. Everything except the pistol was used and I'd have even used that substantially if the upgrades had been Faster Rate of Fire, Better Accuracy, and increased Damage.

Honestly if I had beaten this before this week's Stage select I could have maybe had to fit in the Assault Rifle Micro Rockets to my weapons list. Once they can fire indefinitely, they are beautiful...

To comment on Suicide Squad Julian, have you heard the story behind Jokers grill yet? Supposedly the story is that Batman broke all his teeth on a beat down after Joker killed Robin. Joker got his grill and put the horrid, "Damaged," tattoo on his forehead as a reminder to Batman for what he did. There's also a theory about a Harley miscarriage  because there's some baby clothes in the scene  where Joker is lying on the floor with all those weapons.

EDIT: Also forgot to comment on this week's show. It was great. I know you are trying to shorten the Stage Select portion but it doesn't seem easy, lol. I actually like it the way it is but I can understand you don't want to have a 5 hour podcast (though that'd give me something to listen to for a day of work).

Episode 93: Classic Game Consumption

Posted on 08/10/2016 at 03:43 PM | Filed Under Feature

Yeah I'm on a similar run. First time I've had some days off in a few weeks so I've been pulling all nighters on Doom and Overwatch.

Really happy to be a part of these new segments. It's so cool to see NWP hosts posting about games on a normal level around here. I listen to 12 podcasts regularly and you guys just seen like normal gamers like us. Im happy to say that you guys have quickly moved into my regular podcast list. So I'll be around for the long haul.

Episode 93: Classic Game Consumption

Posted on 08/08/2016 at 10:50 PM | Filed Under Feature

Glad you're enjoying Divinity Julian. I jumped into it a few months back and got about 40 hours in before I stopped. It was a great game but I got my next big game and don't see myself going back.

Chrono Crossing 2009

Demon's Souls: Not my favorite Souls game but my first. If I caught this in my teen years I'm pretty sure I'd have a few broken controllers.

Stage Select

3. Genocide Gun (Earth Defense Force 2017): Complete annihilation. This gun would make many shooters a cake walk if it didn't destroy the player in the process.

2. Bayonetta's Hair  (Bayonetta): Very versatile and unique weapon. Well unique in how crazily it shape shifted.

1. Ivy's Whip Sword (Soul Calibur Series): Definitely not the strongest weapon on my list but it's so bad@**.

Episode 92: The EVOlution of NWP

Posted on 08/02/2016 at 05:12 PM | Filed Under Feature

Stage Select Picks:

3. Earth Defense Forces Genocide Gun (I believe it would beat out the BFG in 1v1 )

2. Bayonetta's Hair (unique and insane weapon from one of my favorite games)

1. Soul Calibur Ivy's Whip Sword (probably not as effective as the prior 2 weapons but if I had to choose one, this would be it)

Episode 92: The EVOlution of NWP

Posted on 08/02/2016 at 04:57 PM | Filed Under Feature

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I am really enjoying NWP. It fills a good niche in my podcasts. I'm glad to be jumping in at the point where you want to make it more interactive.

Chrono Crossing 2009 Pick: Demon's Souls

It's not my favorite Souls game but it was my first. I'm glad I didn't get this as a teenager because I probably would have went through 3 controllers.

Episode 91: Pokemon Go on Vacation

Posted on 07/23/2016 at 03:37 AM | Filed Under Feature

Stage Select Picks:

Tough way to start off a segment but here goes.

1. Chrono Cross (my first RPG so maybe nostalgic but I feel it still holds up. Music and battle system are still my favorites of any RPG)

2. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (still the best Zelda and no other Zelda is even close IMO. I'd say Okami is the next best thing.)

3. Shadow of the Colossus (the only thing wrong was there weren't more Colossi... and there could have been more wild life... to kill.)

4. Super Metroid (I still get goosebumps when the Super Metroid sacrifices itself and Samus slowly rises to give Mother Brain immediate whiplash with the Hyper Beam.)

5. Gunstar Heroes (this could change on a given day but right now it's this. I really wish there could be a spiritual successor or good Downloadable sequel. I know there was the GBA one but it didn't come close to matching the original.)

Comments 111 - 120  of  121 «  10   11   12   13  »