Casey Curran's Comments - Page 1

Grand Theft Auto VI: Exclusive Hands-On Preview!

Posted on 03/30/2020 at 03:59 PM | Filed Under Feature

Okay, I can believe Vice City is the next GTA. I can believe that Julian has no concerns about the writing. I'll even accept I can't find anything about this on the internet and Rockstar exclusively flew Julian in and he didn't mention it on NWP. But Julian hyped for a game that will take over 200 hours to complete? No way

Episode 172: Wrestling with Covid-19

Posted on 03/27/2020 at 10:36 AM | Filed Under Feature

There is a way to separate items in Animal Crossing but you have to do them one at a time and it's not ideal. Inventory does need a bit of work but I'm so addicted to the loop I don't mind yet.

Stage Select

3. Snatcher- Hideo Kojima and cyberpunk feel like a perfect match. I'm bitter at Konami because this will be on the Turbografx 16 Mini but only in Japanese. Not surprised because it's Konami but still bitter.

2. Burning Rangers- I love weird Sega games and an action platformer about firefighters in the future sounds like something I'm really missing out on

1. Panzer Dragoon Saga- I'm not sure if I'd like this game since I often bounce off 5th gen RPGs. But an RPG about riding dragons sounds fun, the eight people who played it insist it's one of the greatest RPGs ever made and it's another weird Sega game that looks so good.

Cage Match- Has to be Galaga. If Adam Sandler can beat Centipede who can't?

Valfaris Review

Posted on 03/26/2020 at 04:58 PM | Filed Under Review

After seeing all of Nick's Mario Maker 2 videos, this sounds like his dream game.

Episode 171: Leap Year Business

Posted on 03/16/2020 at 02:13 PM | Filed Under Feature

Stage Select: Not a big wrestling fan but I do love Iron Sheik and would be down for a beat em up starring him.

Cage Match: Doom Eternal. I really loved Doom 2016 and a grappling hook sounds like a perfect addition. I might buy Animal Crossing too but it's a lower priority than Doom.

Episode 170: Decades in the Sun

Posted on 02/27/2020 at 09:26 PM | Filed Under Feature

3. Czerka Corporation (Kotor)- Unlike Umbrella or Cerberus, Czerka knows how to be deplorable without everyone knowing it, which is key to any evil corporation. Enslaving Wookies, hiring mercenaries to hunt Sand People, hijacking restoring life to a planet to make a quick buck off its resources, theres no low this company won't stop to. You can even make a Czerka droid go insane when he realizes how many murders he aided the company with and starts killing everyone he sees.

2. Gadgetron Corporation (Ratchet and Clank)- Thanks to them, you can summon a homicidal robot companion, throw a grenade that turns into a disco ball forcing your enemies, then finish them off with a gatling gun surrounded by rocket launchers. Nuff said.

1. Tom Nook's Store (Animal Crossing)- He builds you a house, you can pay it off whenever you want, then builds you a bigger house you can pay off whenever you want. And all you need to do to pay it off is pick fruit and catch fish. I wish there was a company like this in real life.

Captain N's Games of the Decade #5

Posted on 02/26/2020 at 09:25 PM | Filed Under Blogs

I agree with the placement. Asylum is by far my favorite of the three, but Knight was still pretty great and City feeling like a somewhat awkward but still good transition. I know a lot of people are sick of the Joker and I was ready to move on but I love how they handled him in the game, made the story for me.

Captain N's Games of the Decade #12

Posted on 02/19/2020 at 08:24 PM | Filed Under Blogs

I was a bit lukewarm on RDR1 but loved RDR2. The variety of locations like you said was a big factor but the structure had me hooked. All the people in your camp made me more attached to missions, I can only remember a handful of them in 1 but remember most of them in 2. Made me much more engaged with 2s story as well.

Episode 169: Coffee Talkin' About Robot Dinos

Posted on 02/18/2020 at 06:09 PM | Filed Under Feature

3. Sonic Mania Plus- Made me realize how much I missed the Classic Sonic formula. The way levels are designed to encourage exploration to find the fastest route and special stage secrets is so unique and the five characters have just enough differences to give me a new experience each time. Add Encore Mode, Time Trials and the first time a Sonic game had special stages I enjoyed and I'm still playing it over two years later.

2. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild- A game so good it ruined the entire sandbox genre for me. I can't think of another game I spent over 100 hours playing without getting tired of it at the end.

1. Mass Effect 2- The last Bioware masterpiece. I wasn't a fan of all of its leveling and structural changes, but I can't deny how much I loved the story, combat, and characters. I played this game a dozen times the past decade and can see myself doing the same next decade.

What I'm looking forward to: Summer 2019

Posted on 07/24/2019 at 09:43 PM | Filed Under Blogs

Looking forward to Outer Worlds, Pokemon, Death Stranding, both Zeldas, Cyberpunk, Luigi's Mansion and Doom. DQ and FE is too much of a time sink for me now otherwise I'd be interested. FFVII is a maybe

Battles with "fixes" and other misadventures

Posted on 01/20/2019 at 04:19 PM | Filed Under Blogs

I've been playing Spyro. They're really fun games, 1 is my favorite so far but I still need to finish 3. Hope you enjoy, did you play them on the PS1?