Casey Curran's Comments - Page 2

Pizza Pixel Podcast Episode 3: Top Five Favorite Handheld Consoles

Posted on 09/07/2021 at 09:39 PM | Filed Under Blogs

Another good podcast. The DS is my favorite handhel, felt unlike the Wii it was full of games that took advantage of its gimmicks rather than the touch screen feeling tacked on. Meteos, Elite Beat Agents, World Ends With You in addition to traditional games like Castlevania and Pokémon. After that my order would probably be

2. GBA

3. Switch

4. 3DS

5. PSP

Episode 206: Gaming is FUNdamental

Posted on 09/03/2021 at 03:21 PM | Filed Under Feature

Stage Select

3.Burt Reynolds (Saints Row the Third)- Even the zombie, who doesn't say anything else, says "BURT FUCKING REYNOLDS!?" when meeting him

2. Sovereign (Mass Effect)- The second he spoke to me all I could think was "Holy shit I'm fucked." Sovereign was too good of an introduction, Mass Effect 3 had to scramble a convenient super weapon plot together because of it. Or Mass Effect 2 could have let Shepard and Cerberus do SOMETHING to prepare against the Reapers. But I digress.

1. Godot (Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 3)- A strangely masked man stands across from you. A jazzy tune plays. The judge asks him to remove his mask but drops it after he replies "All men wear masks. Whether over our face or over our hearts." A cup of coffee slides into his hands followed with "Darker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than the depths of hell. That is coffee." And all I can think is "DAMN this guy is smooth!"

Cage Match

Assassin's Creed Odyssey is a game that loosely continues Assassin's Creed 3's story. I prefer games not continuing Assassin's Creed 3's story in any way, shape or form. Mario Odyssey wins.

Episode 205: NWP TRL

Posted on 08/20/2021 at 06:10 PM | Filed Under Feature

Stage Select

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory- Specifically American McGee's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Seeing his twisted take on Alice in Wonderland made me want to see him tackle more books and I think this would be a perfect fit. When you think about it Willy Wonka is basically a slasher villain taking out the kids one by one.

My First Podcast!

Posted on 07/30/2021 at 07:15 PM | Filed Under Blogs

I'd get in touch with Nick or Julian. Nick could put something here and Julian could possibly give a shout out on NWP

My First Podcast!

Posted on 07/30/2021 at 07:14 PM | Filed Under Blogs

I don't trust anyone who doesn't know death by snu snu

July Reviews

Posted on 07/23/2021 at 11:53 AM | Filed Under Blogs

Considering he was the only SoR2 character not in 4, I'm gonna guess Skate

July Reviews

Posted on 07/22/2021 at 11:50 PM | Filed Under Blogs

I haven't played Alex Kidd in Miracle World, only Enchanted Castle, but I hated that game for all the negatices you listed in your review. I heard Miracle World is a better game but if all that stuff is present, I'll pass. I'd rather get my retro Sega fix with the Streets of Rage 4 DLC

Skyward Sword HD gives an overlooked classic a second chance

Posted on 07/22/2021 at 02:13 PM | Filed Under Blogs

I'm giving it a go and enjoying it now. Having functional controls helps (I couldn't get three swings on Wii without Link flailing in random directions and tested it for half an hour to prove it wasn't just me) and without my usual expectations of a console Zelda I can enjoy what it did well. I do think 2011 was also not a good year for SS to come out either with its competition. If you wanted to explore, Skyrim did that better. If you wanted puzzles, Portal 2 was better. Grounded combat in an interconned world? Dark Souls. Then Arkham City was there for a Zelda-like experience. And all these games were GOTY contenders. So anyone who didn't want motion controls had an arguably better alternative without them, no matter what they want from a Zelda game.

Episode 203: Impossible Segway

Posted on 07/19/2021 at 12:20 AM | Filed Under Feature

Stage Select

Mirror B Theme (Pokémon Colosseum)- Yes, Mirror B has another game! While I prefer his XD track, there's nothing wrong with a salsa mix!

Kreia's Fall (Kotor 2)-Kotor 2 has one of the weirdest soundtracks because while it fits the SW universe, it entirely embraces the more melancholy tracks to the point where hearing the signature SW theme at the credits feels like tonal whiplash. The best pick of this is the rebuilt Jedi Enclave IMO, showing the pain the Jedi went through during the war with a slight hint at hope. A hint that inevitably gets crushed because this is one seriously depressing game

Cage Match: I hate FFVIII. I hate it with a passion. I hate it so much I don't even want to come up with a fake scenario where the FFVIII party fights the Chrono Cross party I blame it for me bpuncing off the series since it was one of my early experiences with FF. So Chrono Cross wins. I haven't played it but I'm sure I'd like it more than FFVIII.

Episode 202: Chicken Diarrhea

Posted on 07/09/2021 at 02:41 PM | Filed Under Feature

Stage Select:

3. Mario Brothers- Specifically from the Mario and Luigi RPGs. It's the best portrayal of brothers I've seen: Yes they hit each other with hammers, light each other on fire, and shock each other while Luigi is constantly disrespected for not being his older brother but they always have each other's back and their trust never waivers for one single second.

2. Shepard and Grunt- Shepard was there for Grunt's birth, taught him how to control his emotions during puberty, and paid bail to Citadel police and after hearing his story on why he got arrested only said "I love you Grunt." That's a dedicated parent! Hell Grunt was more excited to see Shepard than anyone else from 2 including the characters about to be killed by Cerberus or Reapers.

And its also really nice to see a healthy parent/child relationship in Mass Effect. Take a shot for every time yo play a mission centered on daddy issues in Mass Effect 2 and you won't make it through the night.

1. Rio and Miles Morales- Yes she's not an original game character but every version of Miles' parents are different so I'm counting her. And this is a single mother who just lost her husband, is running for public office, and yet still is always there for her son and his dweeby friend. If that isn't mother of the year, I don't know what is.

Cage Match:

Castlevania 64 has skeletons on motorcycles and a Frankenstein monster with a chainsaw for an arm. Castlevania 64 wins.

Comments 11 - 20  of  1883 «  1   2   3   4  »