Super Step's Comments - Page 1

Episode 162: Edgy Nerds

Posted on 10/14/2019 at 09:14 PM | Filed Under Feature

Stage Select: Eternal Darkness, Luigi's Mansion, and Resident Evil 7 VR, in that order.

Cage Match: I guess MediEvil. Only played the demo, but still played more of it than Soul Reaver and I THINK I'm pulling for the underdog in this match? Hard to tell.

Fast food: Honestly, I'm gonna throw out that Wendy's is underrated. I never realized how much I'd miss it until the one here in Nacogdoches moved away.

Episode 162: Edgy Nerds

Posted on 10/09/2019 at 11:55 PM | Filed Under Feature

Damn. It's like the In-N-Out of Oklahoma!

DQ is another odd case for me because I always thought they were headquartered in Texas due to their "That's what I love about Texas" ads. Was not expecting them to have started in Illinois and be headquartered in Minnesota.

Episode 162: Edgy Nerds

Posted on 10/09/2019 at 06:46 PM | Filed Under Feature

Culver's is another awesome one, from my parents' home land of Wisconsin and I will ditto what San Andreas said about Braum's, which is also a grocery store (or at least the one near my parents' house in south Dallas is).

Actually, just visit my parents. There is a Whataburger, an In-N-Out, Braum's  and several other regional chain fast food restaurants within a very small radius (no Culver's, sadly).

Episode 162: Edgy Nerds

Posted on 10/09/2019 at 01:02 PM | Filed Under Feature

The first 3 Consumption Junction sections are Yakuza-related? Who's the guest?

September 2019 Recap

Posted on 10/09/2019 at 01:42 AM | Filed Under Blogs

yeah, digital version of 3 now, 4 comes later this month i think, then 5 in early 2020 and box set releases. You pay for digital once and the games become available on that timeline. I'm just gonna double-dip and also buy the box.

September 2019 Recap

Posted on 10/06/2019 at 02:33 AM | Filed Under Blogs

PLaying Yakuza 3 now, but plan to go back to Kiwami 1 and 2 to finish any substories I missed.

Episode 161: Holy...stuff!

Posted on 09/29/2019 at 03:46 AM | Filed Under Feature

Yes to Lulu? Like, Metallica x Lou Reed Lulu? Weird flex, but okay. We'll talk about this.

STAGE SELECT:

I mean, I assume any character from TWEWY? But that's unfair, cause I never played TWEWY? Just seems like a game from the 2000s about apocalyptic emo people (again, this is totally unfair, cause I have never played it ... IS it about apocalyptic emo people? I'm 100% basing this on hearsay) would be patient zero for "edgelords in video gaming?

There's also that Metallica game that was never released, which looks exactly like Twisted Metal? https://kotaku.com/first-look-at-the-cancelled-metallica-video-game-1787861229

Gonna go ahead and say that and Twisted Metal are full of edge lords? What was Justin's definition of edge lords? I'm sorry, I was not paying attention because I have ADHD like an EDGE LORD.

In closing, here is Sanic the Hurdge HORG!

Mystical Ninja Goemon: looks all weird and Japanese; does not appear to be a turn-based RPG. Welp ... looks like that's settled. My vote is for Mystical Ninja starring Goemon

Episode 159: Nemesis

Posted on 09/12/2019 at 11:54 PM | Filed Under Feature

I really thought you said it was a Donkey Kong Country tape ... in any case, there is a Killer Instinct teaser at the end.

Episode 160: Notice Me, Senpai!

Posted on 09/12/2019 at 11:49 PM | Filed Under Feature

STAGE SELECT:

Yakuza 0. The whole game.

TitanFall 2. Loved the parkour/FPS hybrid. So fun. Wish the campaign were longer.

Finally, JAMMING THE FUCK OUT TO THIS SICK CRUSH 40 BEAT:

CAGE MATCH:

Basing this entirely on presentation, the "so mature" PlayStation characters and settings and butt rock of Ehrgeiz definitely get me more pumped than the more cutesy Power Stone. Also, I like to root for an underdog and I'd never heard of Ehrgeiz before, so there ya go: I'm voting for Ehrgeiz.

Episode 159: Nemesis