Travis Hawks's Comments - Page 1

Share Your Old School FPS Memories and Win a Copy of Wrack

Posted on 03/19/2019 at 09:51 PM | Filed Under Feature

Well, looking back at this string of comments is kind of painful since I clearly hosed up this entire giveaway. Funny thing is, one of these copies is sitting in my steam account unredeemed. If you actually want a copy of Wrack and will play it soon, hit me up on twitter (@travishawks) and I will pass it over to you.

I'd say leave a comment here, but I forget to check in often, and my messages are just overflowing so I probably wouldn't notice it.

I'm the Only Human Who Can Do It - Star Wars Episode One: Racer

Posted on 03/19/2019 at 08:37 AM | Filed Under Blogs

I don't know which one came first, but the Dreamcast and N64 versions are definitely a lot more similar than the arcade one. The arcade game is so freakin' hard! I finally beat the first track just a couple of years ago. As far as I could tell, the only differences between DC and N64 were that the DC had little cutscenes when you went to a new world/track, and the N64 was naturally blurry as all get out.

I loved this game! I could never really beat that two-level track towards the end. It is really unfair and kinda garbage.

Also, the Gameboy Color version is pretty lame. I randomly bought that a couple of years ago. It's just a mediocre top-down racer.

Celebrating 9 Years of PixlBit

Posted on 09/24/2018 at 02:25 PM | Filed Under News

Congrats, Nick & Chessa!

I loved my time writing and editing for the site and the recent revival of reviews has been exciting to see! I love checking back in on everyone's blogs too.

Now to read my 2000 messages...

Where did everyone go to?

Posted on 01/31/2017 at 10:48 PM | Filed Under Blogs

I have been bad about even visiting the site, much less writing or even commenting. When I think of it, I like to check in and see what people are up to. I will try to read more during BaD.

Happy Birthday PixlBit!

Posted on 09/24/2016 at 04:30 PM | Filed Under News

Hooray! Although I don't come here as often as I want, I sure loved the couple of years when I was on here constantly. I am on the cusp of writing something new for the site too, just because.

Thanks for starting this place, DiMolas!

Update on Snee

Posted on 08/21/2016 at 12:19 AM | Filed Under Blogs

This is awesome, Matt! You've got some great reviews up there on Amazon now too! I'll have to pick it up.

Anyone Playing Overwatch Beta?

Posted on 05/11/2016 at 09:01 PM | Filed Under Blogs

I played a good amount and had fun! I can tell I'm terrible and I haven't worked my way to not-too-embarrasing FPS skills in a while... I am going to think about this one when it's on sale. Seems like it will be going strong for a while, though.

Turn-Based Glories

Posted on 05/11/2016 at 08:58 PM | Filed Under Blogs

I never finished EO IV. I want to, but it is going to take some time to remember what I was doing and what tactics I was using. I have also yet to buy the EO II remake, which I want to do, but seems silly when the perfectly great EO IV is sitting there unfinished.

Good news about your book coming along!

New Leaf

Posted on 04/18/2016 at 10:12 PM | Filed Under Blogs

Woo! Looking forward to what you dive into first.

Back

Posted on 04/16/2016 at 10:20 AM | Filed Under Blogs

Glad you're back! Hope your sister is doing OK.